As promised for nearly a month now, we’ve just upped our V1.1 patch of CONSORTIUM. This patch WILL KILL ALL INCOMPLETE SAVE GAMES.
If you’ve been holding off before digging in, now is the time. We are extremely confident in the maps in their current state and hope this will be the very last time in many months that we’ll need to wipe incomplete save games for the purposes of a patch. As always any *completed* games have been permanently saved and can actually now be viewed from the main menu.
The number of improvements that have been made is rather staggering and thanks to the support and help of so many of you, we’ve turned what was admittedly a fairly embarrassing release version into something we can now be proud of on all levels. Thank you!
To anyone reading this that has played the game in a previous state, we highly encourage you to jump in for another spin. Here is a broad overview of some of the major changes outside of general improvements and bug fixes:
- Increased number of auto-saves in key places, which all now save separately and can be loaded separately. Can now play the whole game without much need to manually save.
- Completed game variables can now be viewed from the main menu. We still plan to allow renaming and deleting of Universes in the future.
- Real time Alignment Changes are no longer visible by default, but can be turned on via options.
- Massive tweaks across the board to iDGi-1 conversation choices; including structure improvements, more neutral responses and chances to end conversations without having to use "Say Nothing"
To read a more complete list [SPOILER ALERT!!] of all the bug fixes and polishing we've done, check out this thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/264240/discussions/1/630802344306576674/
All of the below changes will NOT affect save games
. Each subsequent improvement we will accompany with an announcement and your game will simply get better.
- PERFORMANCE ISSUES: If you have a good Nvidea (GeForce) card and are experiencing very bad frame-rate, we humbly ask you for a little more patience. We know what the problem is, we have a specialist working on it, and have been told it will take approximately another week or so to program a solution which will greatly improve frame rate. The issue has to do with how our renderer was originally coded and we’re actually pretty excited to have pin-pointed the specific problem after a lot of hard work.
- ALT-TAB CRASHING. Similar as above, a solution is being coded right now for this, but it isn't quite ready to roll out. Watch for an update in about a week that will fix the crashing associated with alt-tabbing, and should generally make the game more stable in general. A work-around for right now is to run the game in Windowed mode.
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT. This is coming asap! We’re quite literally “waiting for parts” and will be supporting the xbox360 controller very soon.
- SUBTITLES. We’ve made plenty of improvements here but there are still more to come. We know how important they are so they’re still high on the list to improve further.
- SPANISH. Still ongoing and will be included ASAP, and then onto other languages.
- OCULUS RIFT. This is coming! A rough ETA for this would be March/April.
I suppose that’s it for now... as always please post any comments you may have on the Forum as we’re happy to hear any and all opinions you may have.
We hope you enjoy V1.1 of CONSORTIUM!
-The iDGi and CONSORTIUM team