We have just over one week remaining for our crowdfunding effort for Consortium: The Tower!
As part of our pre-production process for The Tower, we have developed a new virtual trainer level for CONSORTIUM
. The map itself is designed as an internal tool for us to use moving forward as we develop levels for Consortium: The Tower. It makes great use of super jumping and vertical/open spaces, which the Churchill Tower will be full of.
It will be included, completely free, as part of the next patch for CONSORTIUM (v1.26). However, it is available right now for users who either opt into the beta here on Steam or download the free patch HERE[www.dropbox.com]
for the DRM free version.
A contest of skill...
So, as an incentive to grab the map and play right now, we have come up with a rather simple but fun contest:
Who in the world can achieve the highest score in the Civilian Gauntlet?
To participate, simply grab the map (see instructions below) and start playing. When you feel like you have achieved a score that you want to enter into the contest:
- Take a screenshot that clearly shows your final score on screen.
- Post the raw screenshot to Twitter, Facebook or your social network of choice along with the hashtag #TheTowerContest and a link directly to the Consortium: The Tower Fig campaign.[www.fig.co]
- That’s it!
The contest ends the moment that the Fig campaign ends.
Whoever achieves the highest score will receive a huge poster for Consortium: The Tower, signed by The Tower team[d3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net]
Instructions for how to play Civilian Gauntlet
- Opt into the beta: Right click on CONSORTIUM in your library. Click “Properties”. Click the BETAS tab. Click the drop down, and select “vt_civdefense_gauntlet”.
- Wait for the game to update, then run CONSORTIUM. The version of the game should show as “V1.25_CGB Master Edition”.
- In the main menu, bring up the developer console (default key is ~). If it doesn’t work, make sure the developer console is enabled first: click OPTIONS - Keyboard/Mouse - set Allow Developer Console to “Enabled”.
- In the developer console, simply type “map vt_civdefense_gauntlet” (no quotes) and hit ENTER.
To read more about the latest stuff happening (including upcoming Twitch streams!), check out our full update on Fig![www.fig.co]
-iDGi and The Tower team.