after so much work from Mikko and testers team, we can provide you with our so much promised new savegame format update. The game will now take your old saves (hosted under your installation folder) and convert most part of them to the new format, that is: player, crew and ship config and stats, all your progress will be there in your new game. The islands you already visited won't be in the game, and the ones you still haven't visited will be regenerated.
From now on, and thanks to the new savegame system, we'll be able to add much more content to the game (like we already did with castaway and hobo island in this update). As you can see, in this patch we also improved and enriched the bounty and treasure loot system. Take a look at the detailed changelog for more info:
General Bug Fixes
- Player could sell ship blocks in the food shop
- Changed the game's save format (took forever, phew!): Old saves will be migrated when loading the game, the world map islands will be refreshed (same positions, new content), all the other data should transfer over just fine.
- Added Castaway island as a teaser of things to come (Go find one!)
- Every ship encounter now has one of the enemy be the captain, has higher level than the sailors from danger 3 and up.
- Added treasure maps: read to find out the locations of buried treasure! (15% drop chance from any enemy ship captain).
- Only captain can dig for treasure (sorry sailors!): to dig, get a shovel, equip it and press interact while standing on an island. Digging results may vary depending on location...
- New interact button icon (hand) that changes to a shovel icon when the captain is holding one and also shows the new treasure digging cooldown.
- Streamlined the UI of Bounty Boards.
- Player can now have any number of bounties at the same time (only one per board though)
- Bounty rewards are now scaled to island difficulty.
- Treasure hunt skill has been re-purposed: now gives better loot to the captain when digging with a shovel.
- Crew group selections are now saved and loaded properly.
Today we also opened a new channel where you can openly talk to the team, feel welcome to join us:
Remember your old saves aren't wiped, they are still there. To locate the new savegame files, follow these instructions:
1. open windows explorer
2. type in %appdata% at the top bar and press enter
3. enter folder by the name of pixel piracy
alternative path (one possible): C:\Users\(YOUR USERNAME)\AppData\Roaming\PixelPiracy
Thanks for your support.
Mikko and Jesús.