Our artist, Swawa3D, improved nearly all of the robotic textures, tweaked some models & helped implement a cool new visual feature where details will glow in the dark (like robot eyes). We are planning on tweaking some of the building textures next.
Want to take over a blue base? Now you can! After clearing out a section of a blue base, you can use a conversion tool to permanently convert that section to a friendly red base -- you'll be rewarded with skill points too, depending on the difficulty of the area. Pick up the tools at a Quest station.
Meteor charges are here! Meteor strikes will occasionally drop explosive items, but get them quick before they disappear!
There are lots of other improvements & fixes, listed here:
- Improved textures & models from Swawa3D (http://www.swawa3d.com/)
- New “Base Takeover” capability (via items obtained at Quest stations)
- New “Meteor Charges” occasionally dropped by meteor strikes; get them quick!
- Spiderbots & Rollertanks now have reinforced armor on sides & back
- Fixed a bug that caused games on the Find Multiplayer Games list to not be selected correctly
- Blue multiplayer quest icons will now disappear properly when no longer needed
- Bosses will no longer drop consumables on death
- Turrets will no longer flicker on the minimap
- Disabled client construction of storage bins (so clients don’t leave items on servers that may go offline)
- Fixed positioning of floating “Stun” messages
- Added an option on the Pause Menu to relocate the red X challenge
- Arrow keys are no longer fixed as movement keys & can be reassigned
- Fixed the “short name” of collectors to just show your name
- Tweaked multiplayer messages to be more informative
- Fixed some spelling errors
- Redesigned crosshairs by Swawa3D
- Added an option to kick client when you are the server
- Reworded the message when trying to toggle a hoverboard with no installed slots available
- Removed ghosts from being shown in the minimap
- Other minor performance & reliability tweaks
This is likely the last major update since 3089 is nearly complete & will soon be entering a maintenance phase consisting of primarily bug fixes and balancing tweaks as needed. However, some texture tweaks are still coming & I'd like to implement a snap-to-grid building option.
Let me know if anything broke & as always, back to work!