Another update for 3089 is out! The two primary improvements include a menu system redesign & fixes for multiplayer co-op questing.
If you never set any custom keys, you may notice the run & stealth buttons have changed. <Shift> & <Ctrl> seemed to be the more popular choice for running & stealth toggling, so I made those the default. You can always change them back to the old defaults, which were <Caps Lock> for running & <Shift> for stealth toggling (and those changes will be saved).
Taking screenshots should be much easier now, since the Steam overlay doesn't really play nice with 3089. I assigned F12 to take screenshots.
The lib/assets.jar file did get updated for the new main menu, so modders take this into consideration!
Full list of changes:
- Menu system redesign inspired by Swawa3D (Swawa3D.com)
- Changed default keybinds for running & stealth to more mainstream options
- Increased color saturation of robots
- Multiplayer questing fix: tasks requiring stealthy elements won't spawn right next to each other
- Multiplayer questing fix: killing a co-op buddy's quest target won't fail your task's "no killing" condition if that quest target was suppose to be killed
- Multiplayer questing fix: followers & friendly robots won't engage other player's quest targets that shouldn't be killed (e.g. spying tasks)
- "Buy more armor" hint won't prevent other hints from appearing (via the default "Q" key)
- Surveyor aggression now resets after being killed for any reason
- Added an in-game option to take screenshots with the F12 key (files get placed in your 3089 directory, or in your home directory for the demo)
- The color of the dynamic box placed will carry over to the next box when using the construction tool
- Fixed a rare crash when robots would investigate another robot which doesn't have a valid position yet
Working on some in-game HUD improvements & more! Back to work!