Hey sports fans!
First off, STARWHAL is a sport.
Second, we're coming at you with an update on May 20th!
Since we last chatted, we've had the game featured in some cool places. We were at PAX East in two tournaments: The Omegathon and The Next Level. The players took flopping narwhals VERY seriously, and tons of cool prizes were given! We also demoed the game at Ottawa Comiccon to over 38,000 attendees who needed way more space narwhal combat in their lives! Also, have you heard that we're coming to PS4 and PS3? Check out our new trailer, which includes some new levels coming in this update!
Lots of new content this time! You're going to love it so much that you'll want to marry the game if you haven't already. Check out the patch notes below:
- New world: The chilly distant system called "Forsaken"!
- 3 new arenas: The High Ground (featured at The Next Level PAX East tournament), The Clash, and Moebius
- New visual effects across the board
- New arena visual detail - crystals in Asteroid X and moss in Neo Flopicron
- UI updates, including a move of in-game score to bottom of screen (configurable in the options menu)
- Zones - bubbles act more like liquid now with a bit of resistance as you swim through them
- Heart Throb - the heart throb now gradually slows down and becomes easier to catch the longer they have the heart
- Arenas have been moved around a bit into different worlds
- General bug fixes including fixed scoring for Team mode and Zones
- New controllers supported where possible based on the surveys sent back
May 20th. Be there!
(Meaning be at home by your computer, preferably with some friends around.)