We've got a pretty chunky update today, though of the bug fixing and general improvements variety rather than new content. Don't worry, that's coming soon and we'll have news shortly! In the meantime though, here's what's been added/fixed in this new build:
Added options for separate X and Y sensitivity for controllers
The Quick Turn button now works while hanging onto ledges as well
When using a controller and skipping the result animations, you no longer skip the result screen as well
You can now navigate the leaderboard up and down on the result screen as well
You can no longer continue to shoot in the background while navigating the result screen
Added controller-specific gameplay options:
Option to force normalization of movement input direction
Option snap input direction to 8 directional input for dashing
Option to have the gun automatically charge up when not holding the button down
Option to add a small bias to the directional input of the camera while interacting with walls for quicker adjustments without requiring a too high sensitivity in normal situations
Wall jumping state got a security system for not losing grip/blocked from activating in some more messy situations.
Added feature to be able to break horizontal wall runs by pushing backwards (more intuitive way to stop unintended wall runs in “panic” situations)
Pressing B on the controller when manipulating sliders in the Options menu now sets the value instead of canceling the change
Made the Start option the default selection when selecting a level with a controller
Fixed: Bug where controller aiming sensitivity was affected by mouse sensitivity
Fixed: Bug where the wall sticky state would randomly not exit out when getting stuck on some areas.
Fixed: Bug where some keyboard events got lost during longer loading times
Fixed: Memory bug with the keyboard system that happened sometimes when spamming keys during laggy/long frames
Fixed: Bug where the darkening on the background while in the options menu could get stuck on weird values if skipping animations
Fixed bug where some mouse values were not set correctly during loading screen to level selection making the camera sometimes scroll when starting up
Fixed/tweaked subtitles for intro level
As always, please check the integrity of your local content to ensure you have the latest build (250414) before playing. Thanks!
Only 24 hours later and we've got another update to add something else new: the first of Cloudbuilt's 'Remix' levels! These will be added every so often to offer players something new, and you'll find the first added to the latest build. In order to access it, you'll need to complete the tutorial and any three levels. Please note though that if you've already done that, you'll still have to complete one level, even one you've already completed, to unlock it (we're aware of this issue and will strive to fix it soon!).
More are already being worked on, but we don't have anything to announce about when the next one will appear… yet. We'll let you know soon enough!
Here's a full rundown of the additions/fixes in this build:
• Added first level in the remix track
• Fixed: Transitions in level select can now be skipped with a controller
• Fixed: Mouse cursor is hidden while using a controller
• Fixed: Default selected level in level select when using a controller
• Fixed: Selecting closest level when switching from mouse to controller in level select
• Fixed: An edge grab bug that made the player loose grip on some edges inconsistently
• Known Issue: Mouse sensitivity setting affects the controller sensitivity (this will be fixed in the next patch)
As always, please check the integrity of your local content to ensure you've got the latest build (244772).
Okay, so thanks to a huge amount of work by the guys at Coilworks, we're finally ready to bring you something that's been in the works since Cloudbuilt launched just over a month ago. Yes, that's right... full controller support for the game is here!
During the development of Cloudbuilt, a lot of thought was put into adding controller support. On the one hand, Cloudbuilt is – at its heart – a fast-paced speed-running platform that requires precision and quick reflexes, making it ideally suited for keyboard and mouse controls. On the other though… well, people want controller support. We had to come to a decision.
Ultimately then, what's been implemented has worked out great. The game now not only plays with all of the controllers supported by Steam, but plays really well – Coilworks have re-worked the button mapping and even added a ‘quick turn’ button to help with those tricky wall jumps. All told, it’s a great way to enjoy the game and adds yet another layer of skill to the action, even if it’s not quite how everyone originally saw Cloudbuilt being played.
Of course, the interesting thing for us now is watching how well players using controllers will be able to stack up to the K/M crowd. Will they be able to earn the highest rank in each stage and, more importantly, hit the top of the leaderboards? We’re still advising that keyboard/mouse is the way Cloudbuilt should be played, so we reckon that’s going to be the way to be the best at the game. But believe us, we’re more than happy to be proven wrong!
As always, be sure to check the integrity of your local content to ensure you've got the newest build (243303). Once the update is complete, controller support should kick in straight away but feel free to check out the Options menu for more things to play around with. May the best players win!
Here's a full rundown of all the enhancements and fixes in this latest version:
• Full controller support for all controllers supported by Steam
• Fixed: Only audio devices that are both enabled and pass initialization is added to the audio device list in the options menu.
• When initializing an audio device, its sample rate will be set to the same rate as the game uses.
• Moved mouse sensitivity to the Controller submenu in the Options menu.
• Changed separate mouse sense for X- and Y-axis to a general mouse sense and a Y-axis modifier
• Adjusted S-rank times for My Source and My Regrets
• Added utf-8 support for names in the highscore list
• Fixed: Removed “death exits”. It is no longer possible to complete a level by entering the goal while dead.
• Fixed: Bug that caused energy to recharge while dashing mid-air during the Supercharge mode (unfortunately all high-scores above S-rank on Supercharge will have to be reset as of this patch to make sure there is a fair playing field)
Hope you're all enjoying Cloudbuilt… the leader boards are certainly buzzing with people trying to reach the top! We've got a new update today, adding a little treat for everyone – achievements, finally! – as well as some important fixes. Don't worry, controller support is coming very soon, we just want to make sure it's super-tight before we go live with it.
Here are the latest additions and fixes in full:
• Achievements! Rewards for tasks that makes sense based on your progress (earning ranks, collecting lives and unlocking logs are backwards compatible) and will unlock if you've already earned them.
• Resets achievements for those who accidently got them before this patch.
• Fixed: Issue with re-earning extra lives after resetting the game for ranks beaten previously.
• Fixed: Issue with rank values not loading correctly for pathfinder mode on Acceptance.
• Hotkeys for Reset Checkpoint and Reset Level in the pause menu now correctly display the currently bound key on the button text.
• Tweaked checkpoint placement on 'A Message' and 'No Excuse' to make the checkpoint balance better for the early levels.
• Fixed: Changed maximum increment values for certain stats which were interfering with backwards compatible earning of achievements.
• Fixed: Issue that could give too many lives per rank earned when recounting the amount extra lives at startup.
As always, please check the integrity of your local files to ensure you've got the newest build before playing. Enjoy!
Quite a big update today, with a variety of tweaks, improvements and bug fixes. Check you have the latest build (225158) and if you don't, please update your local files before playing.
• Levels with two extra life pickups now correctly have two empty spots for collected lives in the level selection screen.
• Skipping the results no longer give extra lives for ranks that have already been cleared.
• Health bar now shows the correct amount of life left after unpausing.
• Fixed incorrect audio log playing when returning to the room.
• The Esc key can now be used to back out of the pause menu.
• Fixed crash caused by clicking playback button with no story text selected.
• Extra life pickups can now only be collected once to raise the life cap.
• Fixed texture settings bug so that all textures now will load with correct settings for all options.
• Fixed a bug with pathfinder mode that randomly (quite often) consumed enormous amount of energy during horizontal wall runs.
• In rank overview mode, S ranks now display correctly.
• Added capability of choosing sound device.
• Better and more readable graphics for Options GUI.
• Fixed: Sound issues after playing the same level for an extended time on some hardware.
• Fixed: Viewport resize issue where it on startup on some hardware get the wrong size until resizing the window.
• Added check that fullscreen resolution from settings file is supported by the monitor before setting it.
• Lowered the minimum value on the mouse sense sliders.