We've got a pretty chunky update today, though of the bug fixing and general improvements variety rather than new content. Don't worry, that's coming soon and we'll have news shortly! In the meantime though, here's what's been added/fixed in this new build:
- Added options for separate X and Y sensitivity for controllers
- The Quick Turn button now works while hanging onto ledges as well
- When using a controller and skipping the result animations, you no longer skip the result screen as well
- You can now navigate the leaderboard up and down on the result screen as well
- You can no longer continue to shoot in the background while navigating the result screen
- Added controller-specific gameplay options:
- Option to force normalization of movement input direction
- Option snap input direction to 8 directional input for dashing
- Option to have the gun automatically charge up when not holding the button down
- Option to add a small bias to the directional input of the camera while interacting with walls for quicker adjustments without requiring a too high sensitivity in normal situations
- Wall jumping state got a security system for not losing grip/blocked from activating in some more messy situations.
- Added feature to be able to break horizontal wall runs by pushing backwards (more intuitive way to stop unintended wall runs in “panic” situations)
- Pressing B on the controller when manipulating sliders in the Options menu now sets the value instead of canceling the change
- Made the Start option the default selection when selecting a level with a controller
- Fixed: Bug where controller aiming sensitivity was affected by mouse sensitivity
- Fixed: Bug where the wall sticky state would randomly not exit out when getting stuck on some areas.
- Fixed: Bug where some keyboard events got lost during longer loading times
- Fixed: Memory bug with the keyboard system that happened sometimes when spamming keys during laggy/long frames
- Fixed: Bug where the darkening on the background while in the options menu could get stuck on weird values if skipping animations
- Fixed bug where some mouse values were not set correctly during loading screen to level selection making the camera sometimes scroll when starting up
- Fixed/tweaked subtitles for intro level
As always, please check the integrity of your local content to ensure you have the latest build (250414) before playing. Thanks!
The Coilworks team