Okay, so thanks to a huge amount of work by the guys at Coilworks, we're finally ready to bring you something that's been in the works since Cloudbuilt launched just over a month ago. Yes, that's right... full controller support for the game is here!
During the development of Cloudbuilt, a lot of thought was put into adding controller support. On the one hand, Cloudbuilt is – at its heart – a fast-paced speed-running platform that requires precision and quick reflexes, making it ideally suited for keyboard and mouse controls. On the other though… well, people want controller support. We had to come to a decision.
Ultimately then, what's been implemented has worked out great. The game now not only plays with all of the controllers supported by Steam, but plays really well – Coilworks have re-worked the button mapping and even added a ‘quick turn’ button to help with those tricky wall jumps. All told, it’s a great way to enjoy the game and adds yet another layer of skill to the action, even if it’s not quite how everyone originally saw Cloudbuilt being played.
Of course, the interesting thing for us now is watching how well players using controllers will be able to stack up to the K/M crowd. Will they be able to earn the highest rank in each stage and, more importantly, hit the top of the leaderboards? We’re still advising that keyboard/mouse is the way Cloudbuilt should be played, so we reckon that’s going to be the way to be the best at the game. But believe us, we’re more than happy to be proven wrong!
As always, be sure to check the integrity of your local content to ensure you've got the newest build (243303). Once the update is complete, controller support should kick in straight away but feel free to check out the Options menu for more things to play around with. May the best players win!
Here's a full rundown of all the enhancements and fixes in this latest version:
• Full controller support for all controllers supported by Steam
• Fixed: Only audio devices that are both enabled and pass initialization is added to the audio device list in the options menu.
• When initializing an audio device, its sample rate will be set to the same rate as the game uses.
• Moved mouse sensitivity to the Controller submenu in the Options menu.
• Changed separate mouse sense for X- and Y-axis to a general mouse sense and a Y-axis modifier
• Adjusted S-rank times for My Source and My Regrets
• Added utf-8 support for names in the highscore list
• Fixed: Removed “death exits”. It is no longer possible to complete a level by entering the goal while dead.
• Fixed: Bug that caused energy to recharge while dashing mid-air during the Supercharge mode (unfortunately all high-scores above S-rank on Supercharge will have to be reset as of this patch to make sure there is a fair playing field)
The RSG Team