So, you might have already noticed but there's something special going on with Cloudbuilt right now: a whopping 50%+ discount on the game! It's all to celebrate the launch of some new free content that's live right now… we hope you enjoy it!
First up is a big addition to Cloudbuilt's gameplay: the introduction of deployable checkpoints. This is a new mechanic where you get a set of checkpoints that can be dropped anywhere on a level while standing still (though if you take damage while doing so, it'll cancel… as such, think before you deploy!). You start out with one deployable checkpoint, but you can find pickups that increase this amount up to three in some levels. A deployed checkpoint will stay there until you restart the level. However, the challenge is deciding how far you dare to go before deploying them; do it too early and you might not have any left when you need them for a tricky section later in the level. Checkpoints can also be deployed to get back extra lives – just like a regular checkpoint, you can get back lives if you hit one. This introduces a new level of accessibility to the game... great for newcomers and for those looking to refine those perfect lines through levels!
The other big change is the addition of new skins for Demi. You can access the Skin Selection menu from either the main menu or while in the hospital room, but you'll need to reach certain parts of the game, complete different challenges or complete levels under certain conditions to unlock each skin. To see the conditions required to unlock a certain skin, just hover the cursor over it in the skin selection menu.
The full list of changes for this update are as follows:
• Unlockable skins
• Deployable checkpoints
• Removed a couple of memory leaks and improved stability
• Added the ability to start a wallrun when sliding down a wall by pressing the boost key (costs 20 energy to execute)
• Tweaked: It’s now easier to grab an edge from a wallrun by pressing in the direction of the edge
• Tweaked: It’s now possible to grab adjacent edges while sliding down a wall by pressing in the direction of the edge
• Fixed: A bug where Demi would in rare occasions try to grab onto an edge on the opposite side of a wall, making her end up in an immobile state for a while
As always, please check the integrity of your local content to ensure you've got the latest build of the game. And if you love Cloudbuilt, please tell your friends that now's the change to get involved for less – the discount only last until 2 June, so there's no better time to pick up a copy!
The RSG/Coilworks Team