Greetings fellow cloud runners! Today marks the day of the latest exciting update to Cloudbuilt and the addition of a brand new game-mode called Level Rush Mode, but that is not all. We are also adding all new levels to test your mettle on!
The Level Rush Mode challenges you to tackle a playlist of levels in a row without pause with a shared pool of 99 extra lives complete with dedicated leaderboards for each of the 5 playlists. It’s now easier than ever to speedrun the game and compare your times!
For the launch of the new mode we’ve also added 4 new achievements! Some easier and some which will be sure to test the skill of even the top players.
Two of the levels we are adding are what we call battle challenges. A battle challenge is similar to a remix level, heavily inspired by a previous level but these ones are turned into a deadly gauntlet of enemies, truly testing your combat skill. For those asking if the No Ammo mode is still playable on these levels, the answer is YES! Though it’s rather insane if you ask us…
As combat is not for everyone we’ve included another new level that is also a first of its kind. Kalifen has been working with us to polish up and rework his competition winning level into the first community-made design to become an official stage. It’s been heavily modified and the improvements are noticeable immediately. We recommend everyone to check it out, though it will require the Defiance DLC as it relies on assets from the DLC.
Additionally, the Fog Remix II level that previously was a custom level made by our level designer Keasar, has now been added to the level selection map making it easily available for everyone to enjoy!
Finally, to celebrate this event we are also hosting a race-to-the-finish competition!
The first player that can beat the new Demi-god achievement and upload a video of them doing so, will win a Demi portrait painted by Poi Poi Chen, and signed by the whole Coilworks team, plus a Coilworks T-Shirt! The second player completing this will also receive a T-Shirt. All players beating this achievement will earn a bucket of respect as this is one of the toughest, if not THE toughest achievement you will ever face! For anybody attempting it, I wish you the best of luck!
To participate in the competition you need to record a video of your complete playthrough while obtaining the achievement, upload the video to YouTube or any other publicly available video streaming service and tweet a link to the video with the hashtags #Cloudbuilt and #CloudbuiltCompetition.
Best of luck to everyone playing the new mode or trying out the new levels!
Here follows a short patch notice:
- Added Level Rush Mode
- Improved the main menu with color coding and better gamepad support.
- Added a Level Rush Mode leader board to the main menu once you’ve unlocked one of the rush modes.
- Added 4 levels to the level select menu.
- Added 4 new achievements.
- Patched a bug where restarting a wall-run from a wallslide state would sometimes not work.
- Changed the lighting in one of the old storm levels
- Lowered the jump distance on some Guardians on another storm level.
- Tweaked collision to look less buggy on a pipe on the Defiance level Desire.
- Added a more solid fix for the workaround for the driver bug of some AMD GPUs.
- Fixed a small bug that in rare cases wold soft lock the game when jumping around while accessing the level select menu from the room.