Lichdom: Battlemage has entered the Alpha phase! Please note that previous save games are not compatible and you will need to start a new game.
For more detail, please visit the official forum thread.
What’s new in the Alpha Build
- New level: Maelstrom
- New boss: Frost Claw
- New magic class: Lightning
- New enemy types:
- - Cult Alchemist
- - Cult Witch
- - Demon Vex
- New feature: Synergies. Synergies are special, legendary spells that can only be cast after charging them through casting two types of magic. Three synergies are available in the Alpha build: Ice Storm, Singularity, and Lightning Elemental
- New feature: AMD TressFX technology
- Sigil rework (all Sigils). Rebuilt the system that determines how a spell behaves based on its crafting components. Each spell now has a primary augment, which determines whether it is focused on Destruction, Control, or Mastery. The spell’s focus determines its behavior and how its attributes affect that behavior. The Journal contains full details for each Sigil.
- Shield System Rework. New system for crafting shields, each with different behavior suited for different play styles. Shield Patterns and Shield-specific Augments drop as loot.
- - Agile Shield
- - Strategic Shield
- - Tactical Shield
- Synthesis and Deconstruction Rework. Synthesizing Patterns and Augments yield more appropriate results. Spells can be Deconstructed to retrieve one of the original components.
- New spell Patterns. Spells can now be crafted and cast with a greater variety of delivery methods, including:
- - Targeted Ray
- - Targeted Lob
- - AOE Smart Trap
- - AOE Pool
Known issues in the Alpha Build
Animation, Graphics & Sound
- Resuming a saved game is sometimes noticeably slow.
- Blinking into an NPC approaching the player can cause unexpected knockback.
- The player can currently trigger the “galvanized” block effect against DoT effects.
- Backtracking within a level may re-trigger some encounters and loot rooms.
- The player can sometimes continue casting while the death effect/transition is playing, which in specific cases can trigger other issues.
- Some Boss attacks blur the player’s view; in rare cases this blur effect does not go away. Restarting the level will work around this.
- In rare cases, being subjected to knockback can push the player through the green barriers around specific encounters.
- The “Tormentor” NPC animations and actions are occasionally out of sync.
- Progress towards charging Synergy spells is not persisted across play sessions.
- UI text can crop or overlap in some places.
- Spamming quick blink can cause camera issues in some areas.
- Lob spells for Sigils other than Fire/Ice/Lightning may be missing sounds and have placeholder visuals.
- Many NPCS have cosmetic-only animation issues when subjected to Kinesis spells.
- Some NPCs will not visibly “cower” when affected by Delerium Mastery spells, however the effects are functional.
- Enemies killed by burning effects sometimes leave visual artifacts and may not be fully engulfed.
- Terrain in some areas may appear white when viewed at specific angles.
- The lighting in the ice levels may occasionally flicker or toggle into an unintended state (“disappearing snow”).
- Placeholder visuals:
- - Player character’s shadow
- - Player, Gryphon, and Roth animations
- - Most animations in the “Ghost Echo” scenes
- - Most character/NPC lip-sync
- - There are some visual issues with the Gryphon’s hair with TressFX enabled.
- - If you toggle the TressFX feature, you need to restart the game for the change to take effect.
- Audio levels are inconsistent in some areas.
- NPCs hit while emerging from underground may replay their emerge animation.
- The game may not start on machines with certain AMD CPUs if Avast Anti-Virus is installed. Uninstalling Avast and restarting the machine will work around this; please take appropriate steps to keep your machine protected.
When tutorial videos are disabled, the screen may still fade when walking over the areas that trigger the tutorials.
- If you revisit a Reliquary you’ve previously accessed, Roth may reappear (no gameplay effect).
- When the camera position is locked for cinematic purposes, gamepad/joystick controller input will only move on the X-axis.