A new update for The 7th Guest is now available. Depending on your OS, the size of which will vary and you may need to restart Steam to get the full benefits. Please read the following:
- I have updated ScummVM from 1.6.0 to 1.7.0 on Windows and GNU/Linux. The Mac OS version of the game has been completely replaced by the standard Windows version that runs through ScummVM. This has additional benefits like bug fixes, restored puzzles that were originally cut from the Mac version and better long-term support.
- Because of the above update, saves now have their own separate folder in the The 7th Guest's Game Directory but they are not copied over automatically. You will need to move the saves manually into the new 'Saves' folder.
Right-click on 'The 7th Guest' in your Steam library and go to Properties. On the Local Files tab, click 'Browse Local Files' to be taken to the game directory. Your existing saves should be named "t7g.001, t7g.002, t7g.003" all the way up to 10. You will need to move all save files into the new 'Saves' folder. Once you have done that, you can start the game and continue from where you left off.
Since the Mac OS version has been replaced, any saves made by the old version will no longer work with the new version. I apologize for this inconvenience.
- opengl_nearest is the new display renderer. This should provide sharper graphics and also ensures 100% Steam Overlay functionality for Windows. It runs at your monitors current resolution.
- I have completely re-written the shell launcher for GNU/Linux and implemented a new libraries system. This should allow for many more users of GNU/Linux to play the game and not just people on the latest versions of Ubuntu and Mint.
- The Modern ScummVM skin now works on GNU/Linux. You can access the ScummVM menu by pressing CTRL+F5 (or Fn+F5 for Mac OS X) at any time.
- ScummVM source code has been updated to 1.7.0. SDL source code is now included.
Enjoy the update and thank you for playing :)
Night Dive Studios