The 14th major patch is now live for everyone.
This patch has been a serious look at player progression, tons of feedback from watching the new streamers, and includes AutoExcavators, lovely visual upgrades to the Ore Pings, Crystals to encourage players to explore, falling damage, a revamped and improved crafting interface and rare, craftable upgrades for the Power Logistics.
However, not resting on our laurels, whilst we're waiting for the testers to give a thumbs up to the previous patch to go to mainline, there's a shiny NEW test patch for you to test!
The new 1.15 patch is going to include the brand-new AutoBuilder, which should take a lot of the tedium and hassle out of building very long vertical Conveyor Lines. There's also been a complete redesign of the Research system, which should guide new players in a much less confusing fashion, new Manufacturing Plant upgrades and MatterMovers have been made much more attractive to players!
Fixes and Improvements
- Only machines and Ore have lights in the cubes. Performance++
- Ankle break noise for when you take damage
- Global lighting will now blend smoothly when moving into and out of the depths
- Players can no longer use Build2Me with Storage Crates!
- Fixed issue with incorrect results when using Unknown Ping.
- LPTs now store rolling average power transmitted - handy for testing how a specific LPT is behaving.
- All Ore Pings' transparency increased by 15%
- Reduced many machines' maximum audible distance to 32 metres.
- Ore Smelters now calculate and display efficiency (Heating or Smelting versus Idling and looking for materials)
- Blueprints now accept wheel mouse inputs when using the Manufacturing Plant
- ChatPanel now much more reactive to input
- Increased max storage of LPTs, as the lens upgrades were emptying lasers too quickly relative to their charge and discharge rate
- Ore Extractor now stores and displays work efficiency
- Induction systems now cause double burn rate, but 8x power usage and heating rate. This is to counterbalance the previous, (now fixed) bug that causes un-inducted smelters to use up WAY too much power.
- Reactor VATs now give better error messages when missing ingredients.
- Vastly improved readout and status of AutoExtractors.
- Reduced research cost of Macerator.
- Lasers can now pass through blocks marked as glass
- Tweaked cave wall colouring rate
- Crystals are tiered according to depth - the best crystals are around -500 metres deep.
- Research panel now lists category ID
- Research panel now lists the necessary requirements to achieve research
- Added 6 tiers of Crystal Lenses, used to upgrade Laser Power Transmitters
- Reduced hopper Vacuum rendering distance
- Tweaked Ore Ping colours
- Changed ARTHER to give more reliable solar power in new bases.
- tweaked behaviour on locking cursor to be less stupid on focus grab
- extractor window marked as dirty under better circumstances
- locked game input away when console is open
- dragging stuff around no longer adds to your hotbar randomly
- UI keeps smooth when SIPPanel is sliding off
- Improved mouse/joystick input separation
- Substantially reduced the amount of power smelters need to maintain temperature
- ARTHER now continually signals where the base is, until such time as you craft him a power core
- Fixed erroneous triggering of the ore dig fail sound
- Ctrl-M now mutes music for the rest of your session
- HoloBase now rounds numbers so it's easier to read.
Full details for the brave :