We've got a monster of an update for you this time! "The Plot Fattens" starts putting some of the recently added features into effect with the newly reanimated shotgun
! Not only that, but there's new music, new sounds, new artwork, and tons more! You can see for yourself in the trailer here:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yaVo3nUfcVA"></iframe>
- Reanimated the shotgun! The shotgun now takes advantage of a new and improved arms model, camera movement, a better muzzle flash, and much better animations overall!
- Added the model for the secret level boss, Giggordo! His portrait and music have been added as well. Oh yeah!
- Added support for look delta animations! These animations are played on top of other animations allowing objects to turn to face their target while moving around, and feel more fluid overall.
- Added a new charge attack and some sounds for Zombo. His other attacks were tweaked as well.
- Added support for muzzle flash particles, which render at a positive relative to the weapon's muzzle bone. The shotgun currently takes advantage of this.
- Rewrote nearly all of the game's storyboards and cutscenes. The characters are more defined, and the dialogue is less cheesy overall.
- Added a new storyboard that occurs after completing the secret level.
- Replaced the "view bobbing" option with the "camera movement" option, which in addition to "Yes/No", has a "Reduced" option.
- Gibbing a dead body now resets the kill chain timer.
- Redid the gibs for the sentry.
- Added new generic machine gibs. These are still in the works, and currently only the sentries spawn them.
- Adjusted some of the colors for colorized text.
- Crouching now affects the weapon's position offset.
- Gave Starlyn a better last name.
- Added support for a weapon-less victory mesh that can be used for all of the weapons.
- Added the RaiseAnimationFinished() weapon script command, which signals that the raise animation is finished and that the player should be able to move again.
- Added the RampAnimationSpeed() weapon script command, which allows you to ramp up the current animation's speed over time.
- Added the "muzzlebone" weapon property.
- Added the ANIMF_ALWAYSAFFECTCAMERA weapon animation flag, which causes the weapon animation to affect the camera no matter what the player's "camera movement" setting is set to.
- Added the ability to set a generator angle/pitch offset in the particle editor.
- Reworked how victory is handled. Weapon scripts are now sent the "victory" event, and expected to play the new command, VictoryAnimationFinished(), when the animation is completed.
- Fixed a bug that made finished blended animations not render properly if the animation finished off screen.
- Fixed an issue that prevented walk animation blending if you change directions quickly with a gap in between (currently, this only applies to the shotgun).
- Fixed a bug that caused the position/angle lag to loop when the player's inputs were frozen (cutscenes, etc.).
- Fixed a bug that prevented lifts from affecting objects that don't have collision.
- Fixed a minor issue with the lowercase j in the main font.
- Slightly brightened the blood gush particle.
- Particles' "randpitch" property is no longer clamped to a span of 180 degrees.
- Particle textures no longer need to be square (but should have sides that are powers of 2).
- Went back to the E1L2 brightness from a couple of updates ago.
- Added the updated brighter textures for the particle editor.
- Restored the Blast Guard to its rightful size.
- Swapped the max. armor/doomsphere secrets on E1L4.