Another update already?!
Well I know a lot of people were mentioning that they were having FPS and performance issues, so I spent some time optimizing the chunk loading and setup.
Now the game makes much better use of multi-threading and the performance of loading new chunks as you move around the world (in-game) is drastically improved.
Hopefully this should make the game more functional and stable for people, as always if you have any further issues, bugs or crashes, be sure to report them over in the discussion forums.
Full patch notes as follows:
- Performance improvements
- 60% faster and more optimized chunk loading and unloading in-game
- Better use of threads.
- Make chunk setup routine on a separate thread than loading.
- Mutex locking protection around rendering and updating.
- Improve chunk setup.
- Improved animation times on select character screen.
- Add camera transition when selecting world.
- Fix world loading crash.
- Fix crash sometimes when trying to access a chunk that just recently was unloaded.