Just some minor changes we put up today :
- Resources should maybe hopefully not kill you anymore while harvesting them
- Wolves should actually scare other AI when they are chasing or attacking something
- Last chunk of rock should be on the ground instead of hovering
- You can’t place shelters ontop of people anymore and lock them in
- You can’t build stuff on top of large spiked walls anymore
- You can’t build barricades on top of barricades anymore
- Fixed a minor issue with spawning wildlife and resource nodes which could cause some console spam on the server
- AI figures out it can’t get to you much sooner and knows to retreat
- Shelters decay is active for sure and they will disappear
- Metal window bars are thinner and easier to shoot out of
We made our own anti cheat called CheatPunch last week. We ran it over the weekend. 4,621 people have been detected and banned.
We don’t know how stable it’s going to be, so we’re testing it out on our official servers to make sure it all works before forcing it on everyone else. If you get kicked from the official servers with the message that you’ve been banned then you have been caught. You’re a naughty boy. You know what you have done. You won’t get unbanned. We know it was your 9 year old cousin. We know your computer got hijacked. We know that the CIA is getting you banned from all your games on Steam so you will join them in the hunt for aliens. We’re aiming to get a site set up for people that have been banned so they can go and see proof that they’ve been caught.
CheatPunch isn’t the answer to all of our prayers. It’s a stop gap solution. It’s going to get rid of a bunch of cheaters, but it’s not hard to get around (by design). We fully expect cheats to be touted as ‘CheatPunch proof’ quite soon. That’s cool. We’re never going to be finished fighting.
If server owners want to run it on their servers they can do by updating to the latest version and running with “-cheatpunch” on the command line.