I'm experimenting with some new content for TowerFall, but I took a break to put together this quick update. It's mostly about tying up loose ends, on both the design and tech sides of the game :)
We've got one new variant: Regenerating Shields. It should help beef up the 3v1 juggernaut matches that seem to be popular lately. I'm excited to see what else it gets used for.
Balance changes include some tweaks to the Backfire levelset, and an important change to how Bottomless Treasure works that should improve 1v1 tournament play.
For stability I've improved the replay recording to help performance on weaker machines. See below for details!
Thanks for playing, and keep the feedback coming.
The full changelog:
- New variant: Regenerating Shields
- Powerups spawned from the bottomless treasure chest will now timeout and despawn after 5 seconds
- Rebalanced a few Backfire versus mode level layouts
- Removed Start with Super Bomb Arrows from the random variants pool
- Went back to using XNA on Windows
- Added option to set replay recording mode: Use GPU, Use CPU, or Off. Use GPU is now the default (was previously done on CPU) and should be faster on most systems
- Added option to disable controller rumble
- Added option to disable controller discovery, and removed startup argument that did the same thing. If you were using the startup argument, you'll have to go to the options menu to disable it again
- Fixed the Matt Makes Games intro being out of sync with the music when vsync is disabled