The SteamVR Beta has been updated with the following changes.
- Added support for Rift Dev Kit 2 HMDs. Positional tracking is supported on Windows and OSX.
- Fixed some cases where vrserver would stay running whenever Steam was running.
- Fixed cases where vrserver would start to consume CPU over time.
- vrserver.exe will no longer run on machines that don’t have a VR HMD connected.
- Positional Tracking on the DK2 does not work on Linux
- If the Oculus OVRService_*.exe is not running but an HMD is attached calls to init SteamVR will take a few seconds to return failure.
- Only “Extend Desktop” mode is supported.