We have some information we would like to share with you: the game will see a set of updates and DLCs hit the Steam version across the year.
Next week a free update
will introduce a new backpack with extended inventory, as well as introduce new achievements and social features.
It will include:
- 13 new achievements to complete.
- The possibility to extend your inventory (if you find the way to craft extensions!)
- The possibility to see where your friends and other player have died, thanks to their tombstone!
- Added 13 new achievements to unlock
- Added the possibility to craft extensions to get up to 11 additional slots in you inventory
- Added the possibility to set on/off the tombstones in the “Help and options/GAME” screen.
- Added the possibility to set on/off the Tips in the “Help and options/GAME” screen.
- Object and character data added to support future updates
- Sniper gun now propels projectiles 5 by 5.
- Boomerangs’damage has been rebalanced and then slightly reduced
Also next week, “Kovac’s Way” DLC will introduce a new difficulty level to the story mode. On it you will need to keep a closer eye on your needs as resources will be scarce now and there will be less food and water available. Weather will change and a light rain will turn into a blinding storm, making campfires useless (no cooking, no light, no fire arrows…). You’ll have to rely on flashlights, now rechargeable, to spot old foes as well as new furred and scaled predators populating the islands.
“Kovac’s Way” DLC will be available at $1.99 /£1.59 /€1.99
- Added “Kovac’s way” in the “Difficulty” selection screen.
- Added a new Kovac video to introduce the mode
- Added 12 new monkey quests
- Pause is disabled to increase the difficulty!
- Added bears, crocodiles and their zombie declensions
- Rebalanced resources (fewer food, medicinal plants and spare parts)
- There is now a very limited supply of water in the wells. Ration carefully!
- Added new climatic event: rain, which fills the wells, extinguishes camp fires, burning enemies and incendiary weapons
- Added the need of flint to ignite camp fires
- Added the durability of the wooden sticks, arrows and boomerangs
- Added the durability of the flashlight, which has to be recharged on electric pylons
- Added the possibility to craft camouflage armor parts
- Added the possibility to get new animal-based armor parts
In late May a 4th playable character will reach the islands with the “Hello, my name is… Nina” DLC. This playable character may look cold as ice, but she will light up your days with her handcrafted flamethrowers!
And, if you ask nicely, maybe she'll show you the extent of her talents, including:
- her unique skill tree, among which the possibility to craft real flamethrowers and improved chainsaws!
- her original finishing moves to exterminate the zombie scum with style!
“Hello, my name is… Nina” DLC will be available at $1.99 /£1.59 /€1.99
- Added “Nina” in the “Character” selection screen
- Added the possibility to craft flamethrowers and improved chainsaws
- Added a new skill tree, available when you play Nina
We hope you enjoy them! Please, stay tuned as we will be working to bring more content: new stories, new territories, new enemies, new game modes, some surprises, etc.
Thank you and stay safe!