There have been multiple updates to Blockland since the last news steam post.
Here's a catch up post.
- Fixed crash related to getWords/getFields
- Iconshots/ folder now writable from screenshot functions
- The fast connection packets introduced in r1972 can now be disabled by setting $pref::Net::FastPackets = 0; or unchecking the "Fast Packets" check box in the network settings tab. Note: this is a server-side setting.
- File downloads will now retry instead of stopping on the "got incorrect hash!" error (note: this is not the issue of downloads freezing in the middle)
- Fast packets will now stop immediately when client goes below the ghosting threshold
- Fast packets will now stop for a given client if their ping goes above 350
- Added missing Parent::onTrustCheckFinished to Brick_Large_Cubes
- Fixed some cases where you could create multiple orphan ghost bricks
- Fixed clicking while tumbling erroneously causing respawn
- Fixed instantly typing "wwwwwww" if you wrench a brick while moving
- Fixed ghost brick moving in the wrong direction while looking straight down
- Fixed WinXP compatiblity problem from r1972
- Multiple packets are now sent to ghosting clients on each network tick, reducing ghosting and file download times
- Fixed certain cases of file downloads stopping
- Fixed missing admin checks on some bot_hole server commands
- Fixed case where moving slow moving players can phase through walls
- Fixed issue where you could travel through a teledoor before it is removed by the build trust check
- Fixed vehicles not burning (both client and server will have to be running r1966)
- Fixed certain timescale/framerate combinations causing the game to freeze
- Fixed coverage issue on ModTer 8x CornerA brick
- Fixed crash when player type has no animations
- You can no longer execute files named "Support_AdminEvents.cs" - this user created script was used in several other add-ons and contained an eval injection vulnerability which would allow an attacker to execute arbitrary script code on the server. Note: this was not a malicious script, it was simply poorly coded and could be exploited to attack the server.
- Fixed LAA flag regression, should fix some crashes
- Reduced ghost lookup table size by ~10%
- Brick limit replaced by $pref::server::ghostlimit - this setting puts a hard limit on the number of ghosted objects in the game and reduces the size of the ghost lookup tables accordingly.
- You cannot change the ghost limit while the game is running.
- The ghost limit can also be set in gamemode.txt. Lower ghost limits are now set for the default game modes, saving significant amounts of memory per player.
- The label in the custom game gui still says "brick limit" so people might have a clue what it does.
- The valid values are powers of 2 from 32768 to 1048576, if you set some other value it will automatically round up to next highest power of 2
- $Pref::Server::BrickLimit checks replaced by getBrickLimit() - this function derives the brick limit based on the current ghost limit.
- Reverted ghosting optimization while I figure out what's wrong with it
- Fixed camera relative brick movement with supershift enabled
- Fixed issue with deleting bricks
- ParticleData framesPerSec value is now synced to clients
- Removed deprecated aiConnection class
- Removed old, non-functional "storm" features of precipitation object
- Sky object network update size reduced significantly, should fix bad packet when changing environment settings rapidly
- Light list in wrench gui is now sorted alphabetically
- Brick movement is now camera relative when in free cam mode
- Fixed https link parsing in chat
- Partially typed chat messages are now preserved when going from the loading screen to game
- Fixed case where player is stuck in animation on spawn (credit)[forum.blockland.us]
- Fixed chat being the wrong size in the loading screen
- Fixed backspace not repeating while playGui is active
- Delete buttons added to save/load bricks GUIs
- Fixed this[forum.blockland.us] graphical error on modTer ramp
- Miscellaneous network packing cleanup
- Added ballRadius field to projectileData, used to prevent sports balls from sinking into ground
- Fixed sports balls teleporting up through player when you run over them
- Certain cases of the master server failing will no longer kick players from the game
- Adjusted padding of listclients() console function for 6 digit IDs
- Addressed crash exploit related to NetStringTable - I've attempted to fix the actual bug in the class, rather than detect and filter bad traffic. Hopefully this works.
- Improved error handling on most master server posts/auth queries
- ModTer visible faces fix (credit)[forum.blockland.us]
- Client disconnect/CDROP echoes now show player name
- Fixed local connection IPX address echo displaying garbage on Mac
- Fixed screenshot functions being able to write outside of game folder
- Added more sanity checks for brick limit, as people are still somehow setting this to zero
- Made it less trivial to change your client timescale
- Health level of other players is no longer sent over the network
- Random environment button will no longer set transparent ground
- When ghosting, unghosted objects are now prioritized. This is to address slow loading when there are a lot of players/vehicles moving around.
- Increased maximum ghost limit to 1M, what could go wrong
- Increased datablock limit to 8k, that'll be fun to download
- You can now set individual player speeds directly using the following functions
- Shaders are now automatically enabled for supported video cards
- Removed "-1" chat spam event from lighthouse speedkart map
- Added flood protection to /activateStuff
- Added -serverName and -maxPlayers command line arguments