Necrophone pushed an update late last night/early this morning. This update contains a series of bug fixes including the following and a couple other minor changes:
- Stand on pigeon container and pickup rockets player out of world fixed
- Pickup invisible kidney in bathroom bug
- Giving trophies too quickly bug
- TV remote spamming, causing permanent static etc
- End of game: director dual transformation glitch
- Night tiki: activate invisible tooth
- QR code bug when switching items
- Changes to refresh rate setting on startup
- If holding Ctrl on launch, don't set resolution again
The issue of certain monitors being out of range (black screen) we have not been able to replicate however we have put in some changes that may solve the issue. If after the update you get a black screen, hold Ctrl while launching to access the resolution selector. It may be helpful to launch in windowed mode, then change your settings in the in-game options. Another thing to try is to continue holding Ctrl after the resolution selector closes until you can see the main menu (this bypasses a startup call to set screen resolution).
To be sure you're updated use Verify Game Cache https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335
Thanks and happy Jazzpunking!