In this update we are excited to release the third world boss, Justice, and our next playable character, Shiitake!
Justice is work in progress, both him and his stage will see a substantial overhaul then continued refinement over following updates. If you recall the transformation between initial Vespula and her current state, you can expect something similar! Our priority was getting his gameplay to where we wanted it then getting into your hands.
We're now keen to hear feedback, either on the forum or you can contact us directly through email or twitter, although if you do get stuck on Justice, please give him another go with different characters and try varying your tactics! We want to hear about initial frustrations, but it's more constructive if it's in the context of having seen his entire battle.
We are also very much looking forwards to hearing peoples impressions of Shiitake. She's not as unorthodox as Aubergine, but still has her own tactics and strengths and we'll be paying close attention to how well she integrates into the game!
- New whitebox World 3 Boss - Justice
- New playable character - Shiitake - she can be unlocked by defeating Justice
- new visuals for Centrifuge (world 5 - 1) with rebalanced enemies - as a result the leaderboard has been reset
- Aubergine's singularity has had a minor damage increase and when using mouse and keyboard, Helo now controls cursor relative.
- Tutorial support for up to four players - starting a game with cleared settings will now ask you to confirm players before progressing to the tutorial. The tutorial can also be played in multiplayer from the Stage Select menu
- Rebalanced audio across the game - if the game seems too quiet, check your volume settings. The mix should be more even so you might want to set them back to default
- hitting Y / top button on a gamepad during multiplayer will indicate your character
- Performance improvements and reduced spikes during gameplay
- Improved visual tell on lasso dogs
- Improved enemy pathfinding on Repeater
- Fixed some effects that weren't firing when they should
- Fixed formatting errors on the leaderboard and clear screen
- Audio walls in World 3 now simulate a pattern when music is disabled
- Many many small fixes
- When starting the game with "-popupwindow" in order to play in full screen windowed mode (in Windows) you will not be able to set the game to fullscreen mode, but the options menu does not reflect this
- Native Dual Shock 3 support in OSX is busted. It is possible to work around it using a control remapper that makes the DS3 to emulate an xbox pad or similar, and we are working on a proper fix
- Shadows are missing on certain integrated videocards under Linux
- Native Steam Controller support still coming soon