We are happy to release our new Stage Select! It replaces the old Debug system we've had for so long and introduces zone progression and Cloud Saving
All unlocks will be cleared, but the good news is from now on, unlocks are saved and shared across your Steam profile, and will transfer between machines and operating systems.
The Stage Select features more information per level! You can browse leaderboards and see which characters have achieved which rank (single player only) all from Stage Select!
We are also unveiling our new logo! It's unusual to change the logo at this stage of a project, but we felt it wasn't properly representing the game. We think our new one is closer in tone, better for carrying us forwards to release and hope you like it! It looks a little awkward on the title screen but we'll be reworking it in a future update.
- New Stage Select System - the next zone is locked until the boss is defeated, leaderboard and rank information is displayed in world
- Cloud Save support - progress and game settings are shared across your Steam profile
- Remastered music
- Improved Venom camera behaviour during Phase 3 and 7
- Cool new logo featuring space-age 3D effects!
- Fixed an issue with Peanut's drill attack targetting enemies it wasn't meant to
- Fixed an issue with Peanut's drill attack getting caught on certain types of geometry
- Fixed some places where Peanut's molten magma and Shiitake's propeller mines would float in the air after the ground they were on vanished
- Fixed an issue where missiles would impact missing ground
- Changed the way Venom's score was being applied during his string turret phases which will have an impact on highest theoretical score. As a result, Venom's leaderboard has been reset
- Cleaned up some code related to Vespula. As a precaution, Vespula's leaderboard has been reset
- Streamlined menu flow in a couple of places
- Actually fixed the Wasps Getting Stuck bug. No really, I mean it this time
- When starting the game with "-popupwindow" in order to play in full screen windowed mode (in Windows) you will not be able to set the game to fullscreen mode, but the options menu does not reflect this
- Native Dual Shock 3 support in OSX is busted. It is possible to work around it using a control remapper that makes the DS3 to emulate an xbox pad or similar, and we are working on a proper fix
- Shadows are missing on certain integrated videocards under Linux
- Native Steam Controller support still coming soon
- Aubergine's singularity effect looks different on Linux. Functionality is fine, it's just distorting the screen in the wrong direction. Been tricky to figure out...