Lucky number 13! After the excitement of reaching Alpha, we're back to adding, fixing, improving and generally struggling to finish the game before it finishes us.
This update features the first proper reveal of Zone 4 - among the stars and perched above the Genki Star, Zone 4 is a perilous environment of flimsy surfaces and reconfiguring panels. We also recorded lines for the final boss, Medulla.
- Assembly (zone 4 - 1) stage art
- Relay (zone 4 - 2) also gets stage art
- Medulla (zone 5 boss) has an in-game voice
- Minor Medulla balance changes. Due to this and one of the bug fixes, her leaderboard has been reset
- Shiitake has her own Stage Clear animation, so now all the androids have unique Stage Clear anims!
- on beating Medulla, you have the option of returning to Stage Select, replaying the stage or rolling credits - this is not how the game will end, but it's a step closer!
- added a logo sequence to improve startup responsiveness
- the battery shows the text "COLLECT" above it for the first five times it appears. After this it goes back to how it was. Unless you miss a battery, then it totally reminds you again
- Tutorial tweaks
- Zone 1 skybox upressed
- continued sound effect iteration
- fixed game breaking multiplayer bug that under specific circumstances could cause the spawn system to lock up and be a total jerk about spawning new enemies
- fixed a game breaking bug in the Medulla battle that was occurring on specific hardware configurations
- fixed bug/exploit where a well placed Shutdown would leave one of Medulla's sub-units in a state of increased damage for the entire phase
- fixed cosmetic issue where guns were left floating or sticking out of things on Stage Clear
- resolved an issue with the AI. They can now be combined with the First Person EX Mode