This has been a big update for us as we upgraded major engine versions and overhauled input handling. A lot has changed under the hood even though our priority was trying to make sure everything kept working the way it has been, with a bunch of smaller improvements.
Unfortunately this means the update has an unusually large download size. Sorry!
If you encounter new problems in terms of how it runs or how controllers function, we ask for your patience and your feedback on the forums as we chase down anything we may have missed.
- New input handling - Joypad support should now be more consistent and better across Windows, OSX and Linux. If you have had controllers that work on your machine but would not work with Cactus, give them another try! Xbox pads can now be used along side non-XInput devices in Windows. If you have controllers that did work, but now do not, please make sure you have current drivers and if it doesn't help, let us know on the forum!
- PS3/PS4 controllers that identify themselves will use Playstation style face button prompts
- Stage Select - new art and animations
- Narrative improvements - the Boss dialogue exchanges have had a pass to refocus the events and storyline
- Rebalanced audio across the game, many smaller audio fixups and improvements
- Holly, Lemon and Coral appear in the background of the tutorial if they're not actively participating
- Corrected a long standing bug in the Multiplayer code that was causing enemies to spawn too close to players
- Fixed an issue with Justice's heads that could end up with their hitbox too low to be hit properly when hit with a shutdown while mid air
- Linux machines with Intel integrated videocards now display shadows spoke too soon - had to build with an earlier version to get keyboard working again in Linux
- We don't auto-detect PC performance so graphics settings will default to 'High'. If you notice the game running badly or not looking right, please adjust your Visual Settings manually!