We're pleased to announce the release of patch v1.2.2! This update focuses on adding more content to No Survivors, as well as providing extra options during the mid-to-late game in all three modes. And, if you're up for it, 12 Steam achievements to unlock.
The full changelog can be found below:
- Added: Steam achievements. Steam users can now try their hands at completing 12 unique achievements, from successful amputations to defeating the lynch mob.
- Added: New dilemma -- Outpost. Players of No Survivors have a new threat to watch out for. A group of ex-military troops may set themselves up inside a location in town, along with a nice cache of weapons and equipment. They're not easy to take on and if you do defeat them, they'll try and track you down... with explosive consequences.
- Added: New museum item sets -- Cold War, Middle Kingdom and Viking.
- Added: Outdoor traps -- Survivors can now build formidable traps around locations, in addition to regular and experimental indoor traps. Select it as an option from the "Make traps" order.
Added: New task -- Build fortifications. Once you've fortified a location, you'll be able to improve it even further by adding a fence, sniper's nest or watch tower. The fence prevents zombies from attacking the location, leaving your barricades untouched and allows survivors to move out even if surrounded; a sniper's nest boost the accuracy of your snipers and the watch tower allows your spotters to see much, much further.
- Added: New occupation -- Mayor. While the mayor's survival skills might not be the greatest, he sure does know how to uncover hard-to-find items inside the locations of his town.
- Added: Experimental display scaling has been reactivated. It's also been tweaked to preserve desktop icon positions when the game is exited.
- Added: The game now provides a one-time warning when the system resolution is too low.
- Added: New photo frame and overlay graphic for bombed locations.
- Tweak: Snipers shooting into other locations will now keep count of, and report, the number of zombies that have ever been sniped at and killed at each location.
- Balance: Protection gear is now moderately more effective.
- Balance: Weapons that use rifle (.223R) ammunition are now more effective against the living. This includes player-controlled survivors.
- Balance: The semi-automatic and automatic rifles are now more effective at assaulting and close combat, and slighty worse for sniping.
- Balance: The sub-machinegun is now slightly less accurate and hits less targets.
- Balance: The difficulty of building traps has been reduced.
- Balance: Survivor vs NPC combat is now much more consistent in terms of difficulty. The accuracy of predicted results is also higher.
- Fixed: Survivors who automatically take painkillers for their injuries will now have their contusions marked as treated.
- Fixed: NPC damage no longer triggers a blood splat effect in the diary.
- Fixed: A crash in the barricade maintenance idle task.
- Fixed: A rare crash when modifying items.
- Fixed: A crash when placing wandering survivors in No Survivors.
- Fixed: Additional checks for a crash related to museum item discovery.
- Fixed: An issue with the modify task and showers.
- Modding: Mod files can now be placed in "My Documents\Zafehouse Diaries\Mods\" directory, in addition to the game's install path.