Ho ho ho, kick the door for Santa Claus!
Happy Holidays, everyone! But what would vacation be without a new build of Door Kickers? Alpha 7 is out! And with it, your greatest missions can now be immortalized forever - replays are in.
Does the game look different? New trooper models! New animations! Smoother and more natural movement. And now that we have the system in place, you can expect more detail to be added to the characters, and new animations are waiting their turn to be added. For now, you can truly kick the door ;)
Before Santa comes, send us a (successful) replay file for Level 43 – A Question of Time. Just mail the .rpl file to email@example.com
We’ll centralize them, share them with the public – and the one we like best will win one of the fancy trooper portraits.
Speaking of which, have you seen the new trooper portraits?
What is New and Important in Alpha 7 of Door Kickers:
- Major improvement to enemy AI. They will seek cover. They will move around. Even we can’t predict what their doing.
- New models and animations for troopers/enemies (replaced old ones entirely)
- Added “Delete” option to final waypoint: deletes path up to the previous waypoint or the entire path otherwise
- Added personalized trooper portraits for the Stuff of Legends price tier
- Improvements to the random mission generator
- Various gameplay/control/graphics improvements
- Modding / Structure changes: Can use secondary weapons for beaching (modding request)
- Moved game files on Linux from ~home/DoorKickers to ~home/.local/share/DoorKicker
- Game should run smoother on older hardware
- Fixed a crash from 0.0.60
- Fixed accuracy being incorrectly calculated for shotguns
- Fixed a bug where troopers’ names were not visible
Read the full press-release here: link[inthekillhouse.com]