February Update #1 & Character Wipe/Tribe Pledge
Servers will experience downtime from approximately 10 AM CST - 11 AM for the update and character wipe. Here is what you can look forward to once we get back online! First an announcement and then features in the update!
Today we are really excited to announce "TRIBES", a new feature that allows our players to join one of 16 unique tribes and battle each other in a struggle for territory. By joining a Tribe, players will be rewarded with stronger offensive and defensive skills, larger cash and loot drops, extra space to store inventory items, and more. Tribes will fight for control of the city’s strategic vantage points, which will provide the controlling tribe greater power over enemy movements, the ability to affect market prices and alter mission objectives in their favor.
Name the Tribes - Help us name the 16 tribes! Discuss and offer tribe names at this thread: https://forums.playnether.com/showthread.php?7522-Vote-3-TRIBE-NAMES-First-Part-of-Voting!&p=70903#post70903
Join a Tribe
Players that pledge to joining a Tribe before February 15th will earn special rewards, which include a Tribe outfit (worth five Gold) and no Tribe initiation when the feature is available at the end of the month. So head to the Safe Zone to pledge to the tribesman and prepare for Tribal warfare!
After warning for the last couple of patches, we are now resetting all characters and wiping stats. This is needed to fix previous exploits and bugs that have occurred during our early access. Game play should now become more balanced and the overall experience will be improved. All character inventory has been removed. All the gold players have purchased has been returned along with any gold included in the Believer and Chosen packages.
Features in the Update:
Crafting- Go to the Weaponsmith in the Safe Zone and bring components of weapons and he will craft you a new weapon! The 'recipes' for different guns are revealed as you find them. Check out the new makeshift "Can Gun" made from found parts and shotgun shell.
Nether Hunters- These cult members will give you rewards for bringing them Nether body parts that are dropped from killing creatures.
Secret: There might be a secret feature....
· Most powerful guns will no longer spawn in the world and will need to be crafted
· Sidearm and weak gun spawn rates significantly reduced
· Removed some exploitable console commands and ini settings
· Various inventory UI fixes
· Gun damage on certain weapons will now falloff at distance so that you can’t “snipe” with a pistol
· Fixed an issue where the safezone message sometimes wasn’t there
· Sunny days are now more likely than foggy days
· Enemies will now drop loot more consistently independently of loot spawned on the map
· Reduced sprint stamina drain and increased stamina recovery rate, and fixed some bugs with stamina drain while jumping
· Various AI and item spawn balance tweaks
· Various world collision fixes
· Various Z-Fighting, seams in world, and floating objects fixed