Crypt of the NecroDancer has left Early Access and has launched fully on Steam! Your game should automatically update to the latest version. (Make sure that the loading screen says v1.0 or higher, or you may not yet have the latest build.)
We have had such an amazing time working on Crypt of the NecroDancer that we thought we’d let you take a peek behind the scenes to see how it all went down! We took the game to festivals all around the world, meeting fans, making lifelong friends, and learning how to make the game the best it could be. We hope you enjoy our minidocumentary and the full game! Here’s to two and a half years that none of us will ever forget.
Here's what's in store for you in the launch build!:
- Our final zone has been added! A whole host of new enemies, traps, secrets, and minibosses await
- You can now beat the game! Unique final boss battles for the protagonists: Cadence, Melody, and Aria
- Two new playable soundtrack remixes by A_Rival (EDM) and FamilyJules7X (metal)!
- There are now story cinematics, featuring VO stars from League of Legends, the Dragon Ball Z TV series, and many more
- One additional insanely difficult character: Coda. (We aren't sure it's humanly possible to complete this character.)
- 10+ new achievements
- A new 'Codex' room in the lobby that helps teach the game's higher-level techniques
- And, of course, a ton of polish, balance tweaks, and bug fixes