Hooray, it's finally here! With the launch of this crazy awesome thing I've added several new features to CSD to support the official Steam Controller. I've also added a few additional features for all gamepad players. Enjoy! (Windows and Linux patches are live now; for the Mac patch, see notes below.)
- Steam Controller support has been added! You can now select it from the all new gamepad quick select main menu, or through the options menu.
- An official preset has been added for the Steam Controller. It will be auto selected when starting up the game with a Steam Controller. You can also select it manually by choosing "Official CSD Preset" in the Configure Controller menu.
- A guide on how to best use the Steam Controller for CSD has been created. View it in the official Steam Guides section for CSD.
- DualShock 3 (PS3 controller) button mapping support has been added.
- An all new gamepad quick-select menu has been added at the start of the game that allows you to quickly choose your controller.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MAC OWNERS
- Fixed a few bugs regarding Wii U Pro button mapping.
- Fixed a few bugs for previous controller mappings for certain situations (mainly multiplayer).
Due to the new changes in the Mac OS system in regards to running apps outside of the official Apple App Store, the state of exporting to Mac via Game Maker Studio (the engine we use) is in a bit of a disarray right now. I've spent the last few weeks trying to find solutions but unfortunately it's a huge mess right now, and completely out of my hands.
What this all means is that from now on all patches are opt-in only for Mac users. You will need to right click on Cook, Serve, Delicious in your Steam Library, select Properties, and click the Betas tab and select the Mac Patch beta branch. Once you do so and download the new game, try running it. You will be informed that the game is an app from the internet, so press OK/accept to run it. Try running it again if it does not load. You may need to run it a few times before the game starts up, at which point you shouldn't have any further problems when running the game. I realize this is a less than ideal situation but just last week I was faced with the possibility of not being able to patch the Mac version anymore, and that's completely unacceptable to me. So this is how it'll have to be. Remember, just keep trying to run the game and eventually it will go through, and you shouldn't have any more errors forever after that, or at least that's been my experience. I will update with more info if Game Maker Studio or Apple's new App process is sorted and fixed.