Hello Space Guv’nors !
We are back with a major new build: Alpha 18 ! This new build should kill off those dreaded stability issues introduced back in Alpha 17, and also adds a bunch of improvements and major new features.
Here's what you can expect:
- A budget adjustment screen is now available. You can now adjust the budget for crime, health and propaganda (if you have the respective domestic policy enabled), as well as research and social welfare. All this makes your economy more easily manageable and adds some more depth when it comes to empire managment.
- Added Social Welfare concept: The larger your population, the more expensive social welfare becomes. This helps balance mass colonization and can also be used as a means to fight poverty, strikes and rebel attacks for instance.
- Fixed stability issues. Due to people having so many different PC configurations we still need to check if everyone is able to play the game normally, so as always your feedback is very important for us.
- Renewed ship design component: We added a lot more depth to the ship design component and greatly improved the UI, with the possibility for instance to add more than one weapon in one ship. This isn't final and there are some placeholder graphics but all this will be addressed in the coming builds.
- We got rid of the double clicking to go the galaxy view, and got rid of the previous zoom limit, making it possible to play the game however you want.
- Balancing: ships move faster and can move further each turn than in the last builds, and taxing is more profitable than ever.
- Added several new random events.
- A new batch of bug fixes.
As always, we are looking forward to your feedback and thanks a lot for all the feedback we got so far. :)