The latest update for Strike Vector is now available!
We had to delay the Bomber mode (again) but this update includes a new map called Gravity. It takes place at an altitude where Vectors react in a “slightly” different way. So prepare to forget all that you’ve learned and go get a pile of puke bags.
We added a very easy challenge-pack to help beginners mastering the basics of the game and a very hard one for the scoring addicts.
We’ve been working on improvements to make the game more friendly to new players while keeping its unique spirit. It’s just a start though, so stay tuned.
Feel free to share your feedbacks to help us improving the game even more.
- “Gravity” map added. Mounths of hard training and finally, it’s now, your first space fight.
- 1 easy challenge-pack added : always unlocked, it consists of 5 challenges we called “Tutorial”. It should help you guys getting the basics of moving and aiming in Strike Vector.
- 1 hard challenge-pack added : as usual, it requires at least 7 points on pack D to unlock.
FIXES and IMPROVEMENTS
- Kebs and Kills are now clamped at ZERO and therefore won’t get negative anymore.
- Challenge page : mouse wheel fixed
- Challenge page : long titles display fixed
- Challenge page : leaderbord reading freeze fixed
- Tips text fixes
- Leaderboard page : “Show Player profile” buttons fixed
- Garage : “No Decal” fixed
- Mouse sensitivity : LocalMouseSensitivityCoeff added to UDKInput.ini. Value ranges from 0.0 to 1.0 : use it to scale your mouse sensitivity down.
- Leaderboard now uploaded at the end of the match so you can see immediatly your new rank.
- Mouse buttons for navigation (Start match, return to Hangar and Relaunch) now independant from weapon bindings. So you can bind weapons to any key and still use your mouse buttons to access the Hangar or trig the spawning sequence.
- Dead sequence camera placement improved
- Challenge failure sequence uses the DeadCam instead of the map contemplative view. So you can see your Vector wreck in flames.
- Return-To-Combat-Zone sequence duration reduced.
- Training drones can now be locked by homing and swarm missiles
- Training drones won’t shoot you from behind walls.
- Training and Bonus drones now get damage from the Tesla device
- Training drones are now blinded by the ghosting device
- Training drones are now vulnerable to the EMP device
- Training drones are now a valid target for the Stalker mines
- Training drones can lock the player and shoot homing projectiles
- Up/Down strafe is now camera relative instead of Vertical axis relative.
- Leaderboard security breach fixed. Thanks to BOOst and Sherbert for pointing that out.
- Roll now fully framerate independant.
- Death messages in challenge mode fixed
- Options Menu layout rework
- Spawn sequence fade-in now framerate independant
- Default Move-Mode option added. You can choose wich mode will be automatically set after the launch sequence. The default value is Harrier-Mode for new players, Jet-Mode for others.
- Basic unlocks being locked after XP-Reset fixed
- CTF : flag object vanishing in 3rdPerson view fixed
- CTF : flag object duplication after “Quit To Desktop” fixed
- Dom point color after “Switch-Team” fixed
Have fun !