A new update for IHNMAIMS is now available which contains the following:
Important! Because of specific changes in how ScummVM now works, your save games will need to be renamed. Simply go into the Saves folder in your IHNMAIMS installation and rename any "IHNMAIMS.s0x" file to "ihnm.s0x" and your saves will reappear. Apologies for the inconvenience.
- I have updated ScummVM from 1.6.0 to 1.7.0 across Windows, OS X and GNU/Linux.
- opengl_nearest is the new display renderer. This provides really sharp looking graphics and also re-enables the Steam Overlay for Windows. It runs at your monitors current resolution.
- I have completely re-written the shell launcher for GNU/Linux and implemented a new libraries system. This should allow for many more users of GNU/Linux to play the game and not just people on the latest versions of Ubuntu and Mint.
- The scummvm-ihnmaims.ini file has been hugely reduced in content which should allow for the most vanilla start to the game in ScummVM anyone could ask for.
- Launch parameters have changed. Instead of "ihnmaims" being used, it is now simply the ScummVM default "ihnm". This also allows users to save and load using the ScummVM menu (CTRL+F5 on Windows and GNU/Linux, Fn + F5 for Mac OS X). A Restart of your Steam Client may be necessary to receive this change and does not affect GNU/Linux.
- The Modern ScummVM skin now works on GNU/Linux.
- ScummVM source code has been updated to 1.7.0. SDL source code is now included.
I have been working with the ScummVM team to get to the bottom of the 'Characters disappearing on loading saves' bug that has been reported on the forums. The problem seems to have been solved or has gotten much rarer in 1.7.0 but it might still happen. If this does, I urge you to report the issue to the ScummVM Bugtracker and submit your saves to them for them to look at.
If you have been affected by the bug then, currently, there is no solution for the problem. You will have to load a previous save if you have one or restart the game if you don't. Apologies to anyone who has been affected.
Enjoy the update and thank you for playing :)
Night Dive Studios