Patch 1.0.40 has moved from preview version to live version and should now be available to everyone.
See information below for the patch changelist.
Previous Update (preview version 1.0.40)
We are very busy adjusting the game according to community feedback. Fixing major issues is top priority of course, but adjusting the gameplay to our community's needs is almost equally important.
Therefor, we have set up a preview version of the upcoming patch 1.0.40 online on a beta branch. We already mentioned that you could contact us to become a dragon tester and are very greatful towards the people that signed up.
We believe more people would like to try our preview though, so the details to try out the patch can be found at the bottom of this announcement.
Patch 1.0.40 contains the following changes:
Note: The preview branch is meant as a beta-version of upcoming patches. It is not as stable as the default live branch.
- Major change: Return to lobby after game
- Major change: performance on raven for dualcore systems
- Icon distance multiplier available in options menu
- Several achievement fixes
- Transporters did not pick-up units when in kamikaze mode
- You can not create combat units anymore when you have retreated
- Charming back a unit is now possible
- Mines should explode once fuse is lit
- Close chatlog when ending combat
- Remove speed from immobile units
- Fix for units remaining after surrender
- Protect while cloaked fixed
- All bombardment should be on the ground
- Kamikaze Friendly Fire fixed
- Air turret got a reveal button
- Fix for kamikaze transport targetting air units
- Show aura skills correctly in loadout screen
- Restealth after transitioning to/from beetle
- Unit selection sounds when boxselecting
- Expanded description for battleship order imp fighter
- Fix for flares not stopping vertical bullets
- Beetles can be slowed down & speed tooltip update
- Custom campaign level pool fixed
- AI Fixes when loading the game (difficulty)
- Tooltip info in dragon loadout
- Drop down has been disabled for teams in custom campaign
- Several graphics settings don't require a restart when altering them
- Cam returns back to original position after going over a mountain
- Several AI improvements (in combat and strategy phase)
- Dialog fix (swapped 2 nodes for Oberon)
- Several UI updates
How to activate the preview branch:
- go to your library in steam, right click on Divinity: Dragon Commander and select properties.
- You will see a tab BETAS on the top. Select it and enter the following code in the private betas section: W7QQVNWzQ8X8QRd6
- You should now have a "Preview" option in the dropdown list. Select it and wait for a moment as steam syncs to the Preview branch.
If the preview does not appear in the list, or your game is not being updated, please restart steam completely by exiting steam and logging in again.
- If you want to change back to the normal version, simply repeat the steps above but select "NONE" instead of "preview" in the dropdown list
Thank you for your feedback and support!