Banished 1.0.4 brings modding to the game! Steam Workshop is integrated. Mods can add buildings, professions, change game balance, and more!
Additionally many bugs were fixed:
* Changes for version 1.0.4
- Increased memory usage allowed for save games. This allows larger modded maps than default to be saved safely. However at some point very large maps will crash the game due to out of memory, or textures failing to be created.
- Fixed a rare crash that was caused by closing tooltips in a particular way.
- Fixed a bug that allowed combo box drop downs to stay up if the parent button went away.
- Added an option to draw the mouse cursor in software in cases where DirectX fails to display the cursor properly.
- Moved ‘clip mouse to window’ option from Game options to input options.
- Added a Reset All option to the game launcher. This allows the game to reset to default settings if a setting is causing a game crash. The command line option /reset also does the same thing. Note this will unset achievements in non-steam versions.
- Adding an option to the game launcher to disable use of DirectInput. This should allow systems where the mouse doesn’t move to work properly, however only the left, right, and middle mouse buttons will be available.
- Roads will now always draw roads no matter how many there are on the terrain.
- Misc fixes for rare crashes.
- Added support for a cmd.txt file that contains command line parameters. cmd.txt must be in the same folder as the executable.
- Added Steam Workshop support. Mods can be created, updated, downloaded, and browsed in game. Any updates to subscribed mods will download automatically. A reload is required once downloads are complete.
- Fixed tooltip text going outside the background boundaries.
- Fixed combo boxes not displaying correcly after being enabled, disabled, then re-enabled.