* This update will break your saves.
* The option for 32-bit version on x64 Windows is now on right click context in your Steam client.
Another big content update this month! This phase is all about adding in loads of cool new stuff, so we hope you're enjoying it. Pumpkin contains an entire new environment, and two NPCs. As ever, though, we want feedback.
We're up to our sixth release already, and we need you guys now more than ever. Test the new stuff. Talk to us on the forums. We really need your help to get all the new content from these last couple of updates properly integrated and balanced.
The changelog is below and is clearly somewhat shorter than last months epic, but that's largely due to the sheer effort involved in producing the main highlights this month, namely: two new enemy types and a whole new biome to play in. There were, of course, myriad bugs associated with adding these features that were squashed but don't appear on this list...
But that's not all we've done! Veterans may find the switcheroo we've performed with Inventory and Loot window positions a bit of a shock, but it's definitely a better layout. We've noticed a lot of people on Youtube (and at the Eurogamer Expo, yeah we crammed a huge, four-day game show in this month too...) assumed the window on the left is the Loot they've just accessed, and the window on the right their inventory. Probably because Westerners tend to read left to right. So we've switched 'em. Once you get used to the switch it's much better, for slotting equipment if nothing else!
Other than that the loot tables have once again had a total reworking. Loot is now much more in keeping with pre-Haggis levels. If your first experience of the game was last month's “Dead Haggis” update you'll probably find food and good loot seem terribly rare by comparison, but it's much closer to the balance we want. Hoard those bandages, stockpile that food...
Finally there are the usual clutch of bugfixes and tweaks to explore, so get stuck in and get posting!
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/009PYdZjr4A"
* NEW – Balloon spotlight can now be shot out. Repairs after X time.
* NEW - Industrial Biome
* NEW – Scarecrow enemy type
* NEW – Bog Creature enemy type
* Inventory/Loot window positions reversed.
* Scanner Range increased
* Loot tables reworked
* NEW – Loot items now have additional tooltip info. Items now colour-coded for quick reference.
* Deployable/Throwable items no longer appended with nonsensical “with x rounds” tooltip.
* Fires should now drop to terrain surface rather than appear buried or hovering...
* Fixed binding issue with keys and drop down menus.
* The “Use” key can now close the boat menu as well as open it...
* NPC's now investigate 'continuous' sound sources (train, alarm clock, fires, squeaky signs) without freaking
out when they get there...
* Squire should no longer be found flying next to big tree in village centres.
* Fixed issue with aiming accuracies not applying properly when zoomed.
* Fixed an issue where bots could spawn in very close to your starting position and insta-murder you.