Listen up Verdun players!
Today we update the game with an overhaul in the leveling system. We have simplified our complex leveling system with the introduction of Career Points.
The career point system replaces the role levels and weapon levels
. Verdun now only has a personal Career Level
, and co-op XP
with is saved between two friends to make up a squad level. You will receive 10 career points by default, then for each level you get 2 career points. Currently there are 77 points to be earned. note: existing players will automatically receive the points they should have earned, leaving all unlocks in-tact
. If you have unlocked more than you could have for the career level you are at, you are automatically promoted so you will not lose any unlocks / specializations.
Career points can be used for:
Unlock a role specialization which are the weapon sets in a squad role, players start out with one basic kit but can chose to spend an unlock point to unlock another tier (there are 3 in total). As experienced player know these tiers are not better than eachother, but can be used within different contexts to allow players to change their playstyle within the role they have a squad member.
Squad setup screen in game, the system will indicate if you have any available unlock points, role levels have been removed
RDM weapons and attachments
Unlock weapons and attachments in the rifle deathmatch game mode. Once weapons have been unlocked (for 1 career point), you can choose to unlock each of the available attachments for 1 point each, in consecutive order.
The new more compact Rifle Deathmatch UI
V198 has more features. such as a weapon self-shadowing
. Taking full advantage of the new unity 5 engine, after the weapon texture upgrade of V196 we updated the way in which weapons react to lighting and shadows. Also the sleeves have been upgraded with physically based materials and are more detailed.
Weapon self-shadowing and casting shadows on the sleeves, which also have been updated
Work on the game continues in steady progress, we are working to convert the entire engine to physically based materials, polish mechanics such as melee and MG deployment, tweak network performance and framerate. Expect more fixes in the coming weeks!
20 February 2015
- We have simplified our complex leveling system with the introduction of Career Points. These points can be used to unlock a role specialization (weapon set in a squad role) and to unlock weapons and attachments in RDM mode. This removes role levels and weapon levels. Verdun now only has a personal Career Level, and co-op XP with is saved between two friends to make up a squad level.
- RDM private matches fixed
- More melee improvements (stunning, suppression, lock-on)
- We are now running a Twitch chat bot that automatically visits everyone who streams Verdun
- We finally added a credits list!
- Fixed the "invisible cheater" bug
- Added 1P weapon shadows
- Squad end match: next level is now correctly +1
- You can now switch between audio modes (mono,stereo, 5.1, 7.1 etc.)
- Ragdoll physics improved (colliding with itself)
- The game will no longer run Flanders and Picardie right after eachother
- Highlighting own name in medal section at the end screen
- Polished graphics on various level assets
- Ladders will no longer block rotation of the NCO Q command
- (Private) match results will automatically be registered online: http://www.verdungame.com/matches/