V116 - 29th of November
Happy (belated) thanksgiving to our contingent from the United States. Earlier this week we launched an exciting new update. containing the long-awaited new map "Picardie". Picardie is our biggest map and will offer countless hours of gameplay fun. In addition we are reforming the gameplay to a more mature and realistic trench-warfare based game. Players are now part of a one continuous battle that goes back and forth. You attack, consolidate the captured ground by repelling and enemy counter-attack and advance one line further. Argonne and Vosges both have 2 lines on each side of the nomansland, Picardy has 3. Next to that we also added a binoculars to the officer roles, much required to place those long-ranged mortar rounds. The chasseurs 1914 uniform is now expanded with the iconic "tarte" berret. In addition there is a small teaser hidden somewhere in the main menu of content to be expected in the future.
Last but certainly not least: Steam achievements. A first batch of steam achievements has been added to the game. We are going to add a lot more as we progress.
- Added the Picardy map
- Attack/Counter-Attack Gameplay
- Added Ambient artillery fire
- Added Ambient MG fire
- Steam Achievements
- At the start of the match, one faction is picked to be the attacker
- The attacking side has a certain amount of time to take the next line (5 min on smaller maps, 7 on the bigger)
- If the attack succeeds, the defenders are designated as the attackers and now get the same amount of time to take bake their line. If they fail, the other faction can proceed their offensive.
- Each time a line is conquered, the attackers gain 1 victory point. Each time the defenders beat off an attack they gain 1 victory point.
- The attackers are allowed to advance up and including the next enemy line. The defenders are prohibited from advancing into the nomansland. Once an attack fails, the former attackers have 30 seconds to withdraw to their jump-off position.
- A faction wins if they capture the last line and fend of 1 counter attack (securing their position) OR if the match timer runs out and they have had more victories.
- Spawning has changed: The defenders spawn directly behind their defensive point, the attackers spawn one line back. For the landsers and poilus, if their officer is alive, they can spawn in the nomansland between the lines near the officer (critical to victory!), chasseurs and alpenjaegers can spawn with any teammate.
We hope you guys enjoy the game. The initial results are very good with some intensive matches (now the entire team attacks) and some good back-and-forth capturing.
feedback is greatly appreciated as we try to advance the game(play) into a more mature stage.
Our french community at www.verdungame.fr have made available a teamspeak server speak2-12.teamspeak.net:21883
Binoculars (extremely powerfull mortar attacks)