Here it is, Alpha 2! More than just bug fixes, this update comes with new parts, puzzles, and more! Grab the latest update, or buy the Early Access to get all sorts of new Contraption Maker goodness into your hands.
12 new parts have been added , both old and new. Not all of the new parts have final art, but they are functional and we want to get them in your hands to play around with.
- Solar Panel: Create power by using light.
- Remote Bomb: Hit the detonator or pull it with a rope to set off a bomb somewhere else in your contraption.
- Small & Large Wood Planks: Wood planks that can be stacked up, or hook ropes to them. Lots of possibilities with such a simple part.
- Wrecking Ball: A heavy wrecking ball that can attach to ropes. Cause some destruction!
- Domino: Line them up & knock them down. A classic piece for making chain reactions.
- Milton Mouse: Milton is a simple mouse. He likes cheese and he is scared of cats. Use these influences to move him around your contraptions.
- Milton's House: Get Milton to his house as a goal for your puzzles & creations.
- Power Strip: Extend your electric cords, or plug more things into one outlet.
- Electric Light: A light bulb powered by a switch instead of a rope pull.
- Invisible Wall: A wall that can't be seen while the contraption is running. Use it to make parts look like they are interacting with the scenery, not for making annoying puzzles :-)
- Incline: An incline that can only be set to specific lengths. Useful as a puzzle piece.
There are 25 new official puzzles, bringing the total up to 30. We are still focusing more on the builder right now than puzzles, but we wanted to give you guys more to play with. If you want more puzzles, there are over 100 in the workshop for you to solve as well.
2 new backgrounds, underwater and alien planet, have been added. These give you a bunch of new scenery pieces to play with.
Bring your backgrounds to life with the new background animation tool. It's a little touchy right now, but it's pretty easy to use and very powerful. Create looping or one off animations to really bring your backgrounds to life.
We've added some temporary music so you no longer have to play in silence. These are not final, and the soundtrack will be an ongoing project. Music was a huge part of the original Incredible Machine, and we want to recreate the feelings that it made the best we can.
Performance Improvements & Bug Fixes
A number of bug fixes have been added, as well as some performance improvements. The game now runs a lot better on less powerful machines. A full list of fixes can be found HERE.
We are loving all of the creativity we are seeing out in the workshop, and your input on the forums has been very valuable to us. We were a little quiet the last couple of weeks, but we will try to keep you guys more updated in the future. Expect weekly updates on our blog and in the forums. Alpha 3 should hit in about a month with even more parts and fun things to play with. Until then, keep making crazy contraptions and puzzles!