<<Submissions for this Build-Off are now closed>>
The Great Contraption Maker Build-Off is back! Everyone has one week to make and submit their best contraption. The winners of the Build-Off will receive Steam games of their choice!
Here are all of the details for the contest. PLEASE READ OVER THEM CAREFULLY. We will NOT accept submissions that don’t follow all the rules!
It may not be too cold here in Eugene, but we've been told it is actually still winter. The theme of this contest is Tim's Sled (The "Tim part" sled that he actually sticks to and rides). Try to make the coolest contraption that you can involving Tim's Sled. You can use any and as many parts as you want, but make the focus of the contraption be the sled.
We suggest you look into using the Camera Animation Tool to present your entry. This is NOT A REQUIREMENT
, but it would help to follow Tim if he goes on a sled adventure. You can learn how to use the Camera Animation Tool in this forum thread HERE
How to Enter
- At any time during the entry period, create a contraption and submit it to the Steam Workshop. Submit it as a contraption, not a puzzle.
- In your contraption description, make a note that it is a submission for the CM Sled Build-Off
- Entries for this contest must be created by you, and cannot be the work of someone else.
- Do not submit something that was submitted to the Workshop before the contest date. Even if you were the creator, this is not allowed.
- Entries must be submitted to the Steam Workshop as a Contraption, not as a puzzle.
- We can disqualify someone at any time if they are found to be cheating.
- One entry per user only. You can change your submission up until the completion date, but you cannot submit multiple entries.
The 3 scoring categories are: technique, originality, and presentation.
- Technique: How technically impressive is your contraption? How much does it make the judge say, “I can’t believe they actually pulled that off.”
- Originality/Creativity: Are you using parts in a new and original way? Are you doing something nobody else has thought of?
- Presentation: Don’t just submit your contraption on the default blue background. Add some pretty scenery, animate it, give a nice backstory to what’s happening in the contraption.
February 9th, 2015 @ 11:00 AM PST to February 16th, 2015 @ 5:00 PM PST. Entries submitted before or after this time period will not be accepted.
- 1st Place: $100 worth of Steam Game(s)*
- 2nd Place: $60 worth of Steam Game(s)*
- 3rd Place: $30 worth of Steam Game(s)*
Based of price of the games in the US Steam Store.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will all have their contraptions featured in the Editor’s Choice section of the Workshop as well.
*Games will be gifted to your Steam account. Winner may choose more than one game, but the total must be equal to or less than the given amount. Must have a Steam account to claim prize, no substitutes. Prize MUST be claimed by March 2nd, 2015.
- The contest runs for one week. During this time, players can create, submit, and edit their entries.
- Once the contest is over, the judges will take a few days to review and anonymously rate the submitted contraptions.
- Contraptions will be judged in 3 categories with a score of 1-10 in each category. The contraption with the highest total score will be the winner.
- There can be multiple winners at any prize level in the case of a tie.
- This contest is NOT a random drawing. Submissions will be judged by us, the developers of Contraption Maker.
- By entering this contest, you agree to let us use your Steam name and avatar when announcing winners or talking about the contest.
- Previous Build-Off winners are still eligible to win.
We can't wait to see what you all submit, have fun!