On Sunday, January the 31st the first season of the “Thunder League” in the Pro Division came to a close.
The winning team DISLIKE won ($20,095)
Places in Thunder League winners were as follows:
The first season will be remembered for heated battles, intrigue and strong will. No team gave a victory away without a struggle. Combined battles format with a free choice of ground vehicles and aircraft proved to be the right decision - players showed their skill both on the ground and in the skies, and mistakes in the air or on the battlefield both affected the final result.
The “Thunder League” was created for you - the viewers - in the first place. While making a tournament we did understand that we need a story that will attract the audience and we believe we reached our goal - thousands of players became familiar with War Thunder eSports.
Some figures for you:
- Over 25 000 players purchased the League “Dog Tag” and joined the Thunder League;
- Over 18 000 of them chose their favourite team.;
- Over 11 000 of them chose “Dislike” as their team - All of them received the RBT-5 rocket tank.;
- Viewers spent 567 000 hours in total watching the streams.;
- Over 140 000 messages has been sent to the chat on twitch channels.;
- Over 100 000 unique users watched the Thunder League broadcasts.;
- The Grand Final was watched by more than 17 000 simultaneously.
This shows the level of players interest and a positive attitude towards such competitions, this is why we are launching the Thunder Leagues division system, take part in the qualifiers with your Squadron - anyone can become a champion in Season 2!
While preparing the second season we really need your opinions and feedback. What was done well? What did you not like? What can be improved? Do you have any ideas you would like to share with us for the second season? Leave your feedback on the forum and in the special Thunder League feeback form!
More information can be found on the War Thunder Official Forums![forum.warthunder.com]