This update includes a brand new map called “Evacuation” which is the largest map we’ve created so far, as well as the first Spearhead bonus content and scoreboard profile icons.
It’s no secret that we’re in the process of ramping up the team (last week we welcomed back Nicolai and Jess) and we’re still looking for more exceptional people (Game Programmer[www.interstellarmarines.com]
and 3D Environment Artist[www.interstellarmarines.com]
We have a few days of intense project planning ahead of us which might push the next update, but do not worry, everything is about getting more unique features, dynamic simulation and addictive gameplay into the hands of you awesome people.
- ADDED: New map "Evacuation" - a full size combat range with a staged crash site evacuation zone situated in a wet and moist swamp
- ADDED: Spearhead avatar icons to scoreboards and names
- ADDED: Support for installing Spearhead content such as soundtracks, art books and secret bonuses
- ADDED: The original "Interstellar Marines: The Beginning" soundtrack to the Spearhead folder
- ADDED: Profile section to the menu
- ADDED: Added support for layer-based reflections (advanced user options coming in the future)
- ADDED: Added water movement sounds (impact effects are still placeholders from "concrete")
- FIXED: "object flicker bug when light is close to pitch black" (Unity 4.2 bug). This currently prevents us from having complete pitch black lighting.
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME,
Your team at Zero Point Software