In this update we have many great new features, with top of the list being the first iteration of Martin Jonsson's stunning competition-winning map. Martin's map is in the playground area, so please take a few minutes to check it out.
Other new items include a major update to the popular Evacuation map, tap/hold key functionality for running, aiming, flashlights and targeting lasers, separate sensitivity sliders for zoom and hip fire as well as work-in-progress concept images from Louie Ishii for our Spearhead members.
It's been incredibly hectic here at ZPS as we complete building up the team and continue development of Interstellar Marines. There will be many more updates from now on and we can’t wait to share the incredible new stuff with you that is on the way. Thank you, our awesome community, for all your support!
Visit our Interstellar Marines store page on Steam
9th of October 2013
Please click here to watch the update video.
- ADDED:: New playground map "Elevation" - this is the first iteration of Martin Jonsson's winner entry in the community map making contest. Modes: Power online, emergency power, fire alarm, power offline and shut down.
- ADDED:: First iteration of dynamic platforms for the new Elevation map
- ADDED:: Support for "join game" on Steam friends
- ADDED:: Louie Ishii's work-in-progress concept models to the Spearhead content folder
- ADDED:: Tap/Hold key functionality to Run, Aim, Flashlight and Laser
- ADDED:: Camera shakes on weapon firing
- ADDED:: Basic bobbing animation to the weapon
- ADDED:: Separate mouse sensitivity for zoom and hip
- ADDED:: Ability to sort servers by name, map, players or ping
- ADDED:: Ability to set the speaker setup (Stereo, 5.1, 7.1 etc.)
- ADDED:: Basic HUD concept
- UPDATED:: The Evacuation map with new "capture" areas (tower and platform area)
- UPDATED:: Muzzle flash particle fx and lighting to be a bit less obscuring in aim and added shadow casting
- UPDATED:: Network system with improvements in CPU usage and data throughput
- FIXED: "network smoothing isn't saved when quitting"
- FIXED: Camera shaking becomes unstable with low FPS.
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME,
Your team at Zero Point Software