v0.6005, December 19, 2013
A new day and time for a new update. This will be the last update this year ladies and gents. Well, that is unless a quickfix or two will be required :).
As the highlight this time we chose two features. The first is the Fire at will command. This is the basic model
and we're looking forward to your feedback. The second is energy redistribution accessible through the panel in the bottom left (hover over your ship schematic). This feature was almost entirely implemented after a thorough and detailed suggestion by one of the community members.
Unfortunately, I cannot find the exact post and that way the original poster, so please if you're reading this, contact us. Credit where credit is due :).
- FIXED: A bug where a target ship schematic was left hanging on the context menu after a ship was captured and transferred to the garage
- FIXED: Several errors in region files
- FIXED: Several errors in game text files
- FIXED: Several errors regarding bonus modifiers
- FIXED: Fleet->Ship systems panel now works as intended
- FIXED: Numerous errors in the Material Editor (for modders)
- FIXED: Several errors in the boarding mechanics that could cause adverse effects
- FIXED: A bug where particle and other various effects continued to show after player died and loaded a save game
- FIXED: Selling your ship now correctly adds 20% of it's value to your account instead of 100%
- FIXED: Several errors regarding object and target markers that were left hanging on the HUD after jumping through a TGate
- FIXED: Enhancement markers for the light and heavy weapon on the back battery switched to correct positions
- FIXED: Left and right heavy weapon slots on the schematics panel (bottom left part of HUD) were switched to correct positions
- FIXED: Shield capacity boost no longer applies after shield status update, which caused the shield to refill up to the base capacity value instead of the modified one resulting in partially filled shields.
- ADDED: Licenses are now available for purchase on stations (planets will receive them in the next update). Licenses can only be acquired when you're allied to a faction
- ADDED: New holo panels to several station models. This is just the starting point of the new system and will be further upgraded to show various information dynamically.
- ADDED: Credit numeric values now have delimiters , to make them more readable (community suggested)
- ADDED: New script functions (for modders; check modding.starpointgemini.com for details)
- ADDED: Energy redistribution mechanics. Energy can be easily transferred between Propulsion, Weapons and Shields via the panel in the bottom left. The panel switches with the player ship schematic. (community suggested)
- ADDED: Fire at will command in its basic form uses a smart algorithm to switch between targets. This feature is a work in progress and feedback is most welcome.
- ADDED: New station model
- ADDED: Structures can now be guarded. Damaging them can trigger security forces to arrive in its defense.
- ADDED: New planet background for planet Korkyra
- ADDED: Environment detail can now be set in the Options->Video menu to improve game performance. This option impacts asteroid visibility the most.
- UPDATED: Planet Iolia and planet Hogosha models
- UPDATED: Several new bonus modifiers are now functional (Heavy weapon reload, Weapon battery recharge...)
- UPDATED: Improved two ambients
- UPDATED: AI routines
- AI ships can now form fleets (basic implementation; will be further upgraded)
- AI ships now use Power to Engines
- Improved AI decision making on when to engage an enemy vs. when to flee
- AI skirmishes should now occur more often