v0.6009, February 14, 2014
We'll begin with something different this time...
All of us here at LGM wish you all the best FastJack! Keep it steady man. We hope you get out of the hospital soon and back on your space-faring feet!
New update incoming. The highlight is the overhaul of the asteroid system. Wev'e replaced the place-holder asteroid models with new ones. And perhaps more importantly, we've done a lot on optimizing the asteroid fields to improve overall game performance.
Riftways, that we've mentioned last time unfortunately didn't find their way into this update. We've got more work left on it before we can release it.
Moving on to the next update. I've seen in mentioned on the forums recently, so I'll mention it here. We'll finally address the issue of slow shield recharge. While out-of-combat, ship shields will receive a massive recharge boost, so you ladies and gents don't have to wait for ages until your shields recharge before going into the next fray.
LIST OF CHANGES
- FIXED: Tooltips for comparing offensive and utility systems for garaged ships now work properly
- FIXED: Selling a ship from the garage will now properly display new credit balance
- FIXED: Long station/TGate titles spread across 2 lines now
- FIXED: Several issues with the Patrol Freelance mission
- FIXED: Several errors with hints being displayed wrong
- FIXED: Anomalies can no longer be exploited for Experience over and over again
- FIXED: You can no longer use the Radar and the Energy distribution panel when the game is paused
- ADDED: New station model
- ADDED: A derelict can now appear after a ship explodes. Ship file (*.shp) received an additional Derelict section that shows which derelict can appear. Not all derelict models have been created so far, so don't be surprised if a Taurus gunship, leaves in its wake an Adept cruiser ;). You can then loot the derelict.
- ADDED: More quest items for Taxi and Ferry Freelance missions
- ADDED: Repair progress bar indicator is now visible when repairing structures
- UPDATED: The asteroid render system received an overhaul
- Changed existing place-holder asteroid models with new ones
- Added Level-of-detail models for asteroids
- Asteroid mechanics received some optimization to improve performance
- Asteroids can now rotate
- UPDATED: Several sectors around Fjord asteroid field switched to a different ambient
- UPDATED: Derelict mechanics changed to accommodate new derelict mechanics (derelicts appearing on ship destroy)
- UPDATED: Changed multiple Enhancement names