A new update is here. We wanted the update to be more substantial than it is now, but the regional gaming fair Infogamer Reboot (during last week) took quite a bit of our time. This also explains why we were a lot more silent than usual. Things should be getting back to normal now :).
That doesn't mean this update doesn't bring anything to the table. Far from it. The highlight, I'd say is definitely the improved NPC AI, specifically aimed at their behavior in combat. We're not done with it yet however and the following updates should bring it all up by a few notches more.
Let us know what you think please!
- FIXED: Numerous errors in the Polish localization
- FIXED: Fire at Will no longer target your mercenaries if your reputation is Unlawful
- FIXED: Allied ships no longer attack your deployed SETH platform
- FIXED: SETH platform properly applies friend<->foe checks if you suddenly attack an allied ship and it turns hostile
- FIXED: Waypoint missing problem on Giant leap main mission should no longer appear (additional script added to make sure)
- FIXED: Several translation errors in the Russian version
- FIXED: Several translation errors in the German version
- FIXED: Several database errors in the German version
- FIXED: A potential problem with sound effects becoming garbled when near a TGate
- FIXED: Lure of the Lens potential problem where you couldn't destroy Clearmont station
- FIXED: A potential problem that caused Fog of War to reappear on explored sectors
- FIXED: A problem where Ferry freelance mission item does not appear in inventory, when planets are involved
- FIXED: Several errors with starchart labels overlapping
- ADDED: Station assault freelance mission
- ADDED: Station defense freelance mission
- ADDED: Fire at Will HUD icon now blinks to be more visible when you're attempting to use light weapons while Fire at Will mode is active
- ADDED: Ships and platforms now have new object markers to make them more distinct from other game objects
- ADDED/MODDING: AI Assembly helper application to game root directory. This is used to edit and create new behavior files (full modding documentation is to follow)
- ADDED/MODDING: Scripterion helper application to game root directory. Use this if you're into scripting in SG2. It shows all available script functions with descriptions and examples.
- UPDATED: Drastically improved NPC AI behavior
- They can now dynamically assess the situation and choose an according course of action.
- The choices they make differ on their faction and profession
- Sets of abilities and items that have, until now been reserved solely for the player, are now also available for use to the AI
- NPCs can use skills
- NPCs can use equipment
- NPCs from different factions/professions make different choices
- Since we have opened up a lot of possibilities for the AI, we'll keep a closer look on balance in combat and tweak things accordingly. AI improvements won't stop here as well - you can expect further improvements in this area!
- UPDATED: Turret view camera mode is now properly usable when playing the game with controllers (for the Xbox360 controller)
- when in turret view - hold LT and use the right analog stick for rotating the camera.
- UPDATED: Energy redistribution panel is now properly usable when playing the game with controllers (same as Skills/Items at the bottom of the HUD)
- Hold LT and use the left analog stick for redistributing power.
- UPDATED: Orpheus mine buffed to increase usefulness
- UPDATED: Options->Video->Presets now work as intended
- UPDATED: Post processing option in the Options->Video panel now affects more features to increase framerate when lowering this setting
- UPDATED: Options->Video->Environment detail and Model detail options optimized on lower settings to increase framerate
- UPDATED: SETH platforms work properly for quest related ships
- UPDATED: Several changes in the Freelance mission generator to reduce chance of missions NOT appearing
- UPDATED: Increased duration of special warnings (for example when you lose troopers when undocking from stations)
- UPDATED: Colliding with stations now deals shield/hull damage
- UPDATED: Shield indicator now longer shows some objects to have shields, when in fact they don't (planets, structures...)
- UPDATED: Increased Blueprint drop rate when scanning anomalies
- UPDATED: Reduced chance of an event taking place when undocking from stations and planets