Greetings everyone, we are pleased to bring you the first major update to Horizon since the Alpha launch.
Most of the improvements in this update were guided by your feedback which has been both overwhelming and positive! Of course there is much more in the works as this is just the first update of many more to come.
To give some interesting stats from the first Alpha survey+feedback:
Over 82% of you said you were enjoying or having a blast playing Horizon!
The feature most exciting in Horizon was Exploring the Galaxy (60%), followed by research (52%) and colony management (49%). The other choices were Storyline & Missions (39%), Tactical Combat (35%) and Diplomacy (24%). (Multiple selections were allowed in this category.)
For the tutorial you said: Fun (56%), Helpful (90%), Easy to follow (76%)
42% of those who participated in the survey (of 2702 submitted) left us detailed feedback of which the longest was 1519 words and 2 pages long!
Those of you who would like to be more involved, we invite you to join us at http://forum.horizongame.com where the latest plans are being hatched and discussed!
Have a great weekend!
Here are the update notes: (Remember to relaunch Steam if you have it open so it updates immediately)
26 July 2013 - Alpha 3.38
* New content - added Kuntari mission
* Galaxy Map - added right-click to Move a task force
* Galaxy Map - added ‘Bombard Colony’ to Orders list
* Tactical View – Mini-map is now color coded for (friendly, hostile, neutral and player owned)
* New tooltips added on Tactical View and Galaxy Map
* Added weapon miniaturization, reduces space requirements for most weapon types by 5% per level of technology
* Last Turn Events has now been moved to a window on the Galaxy Map. It will no longer pop-up when there are no events. Options added to hide the window on new turns and whether to display low priority messages.
* Reduced the frequency of galactic news (ISN) updates
* Added Right/Left arrow keys shortcut hotkey to cycle your colonies from Planet View
* Colony List (C) now available from Planet View for easier management
* Farm building surplus trade enabled, now based on trader traffic as well as amount of surplus. Not yet balanced.
* Government listening post building can now be demolished, resulting in the colony being abandoned
* Listening post building cost, structure points added so it can take damage/be repairable
* Damaged colony buildings will no longer begin repairing automatically. Player or AI has to select repair and have enough money
* Planet view Farming building will now display negative food trade in Red
Tutorial and Missions:
* The Kortahz probe shields will require less hits to weaken
* Existing missions dialogues updated
Combat and Ships:
* Task forces will now stop attacking enemy planets after the planetary defenses have been destroyed, unless ordered to Bombard the colony
* Player task forces will no longer attack hostile/atWar targets when they have not been ordered to do so unless attacked first
* Friendly Missiles will no longer prevent targeting of enemy ships
* Reduced bombs space requirements by half
* Reduced heavy beam damage when attacking planets by half
* Shipyards (along with Starbases) can now refit and Repair ships
* Attacks on colony buildings from orbit will now result in the loss of any building progress toward an upgrade
* Added ship design button on galaxy map
* Ship design names will now accept lower/uppercase mix and are no longer restricted by the number of characters but rather the total width
* Improved human basic ship designs
For the complete list of fixes please check here[forum.l3o.com].