The thievery update is out, in the "experimental" branch only for now. It's probably unstable and still in need of further balancing, so it's there as opt-in for those who want to try it out.
- -Town populations slowly regenerate when residents die. Killing off a lot of NPCs that are affiliated with a nearby town will weaken that town slightly, it's possible to wipe out all the cannibal patrols roaming near a cannibal village for example. Currently "homeless" factions like the bandits are not affected by this.
- -brought back the town info tooltip on the mapscreen to show population information. I will rely on player feedback for balancing it.
- -Crime system (in progress)
- -You can now steal from shops
- -Crimes are recognised by the AI
- -Police can put a bounty on your head and arrest you
- -Civilians can raise the alarm and call police attention to a crime
- -Pickpocketing: NPC is alerted if he notices you stealing from his inventory while he sleeps
- -Selling stolen items has a chance of getting you in trouble, especially if you try to sell things back to the victim
- -Sleeping NPCs are woken up by noise, but it's easier to rob them
- -Police confiscate weapons and stolen goods. Then they sell them.
- -Updated traders inventory:
- -To trade with a shop you need to talk to the trader character.
- -Interacting with the containers, counters, chest, etc. will be considering stealing. (Work In Progress)
- -The traders inventory is infinite, so you can sell stuff more easily
- -The trader stores his shop inventory in the actual containers around the shop. This means you can steal stuff from them.
- -Some item containers now have locks. Traders keep the more valuable items in the more secure containers
- -Added a node system to building placement. It ensures that any machines and storage you place is always accessible by characters and fixes a lot of bugs like when characters tried to access a storage box through a wall
- -Emissive lighting added
- -Added AI ability for super long-range pathfinding, even when zones in between start and destination are unloaded
- -Fixed orders panel black text-on-black tooltips
- -Fixed item labels not showing when loading a game with items on ground
- -A few small movement system fixes
- -Fixed undo when building walls
- -Fixed game unpausing or closing the pause menu when autosaving.
- -Fixed unpausing game possiblity while on the in-game main menu.
- -Fixed/updated research window.