While The Pit has been humming along nicely, there were a few small things we wanted to go in and clean up and now we have. Most important is we've added some protection against losing your recipe and message progress, which could happen with some rare bad timing when the game was trying to save your updated profile.
And for a year now, players have had a demo using the base version of the game to try it out - well, no longer. We've updated the demo build to the Gold Edition era, allowing you to fight through the first ten levels as you would in the full game. You can also play as the Psion as well as the Marine, in order to try out some Psi powers. That's approximately 20hours of gameplay... free!
GOLD EDITION DEMO!
- Safeguards against losing unlocked messages, recipes, etc. added!
(the circumstances causing the losses can't be avoided, but losses automatically replaced now.)
- Improved inventory item selection using controller/keyboard.
- Improved variety for levels in Infinite mode.
- Fixed: Can right-click to target.
- Fixed: "Beware the Blob!" achievement was not being unlocked on Steam.
- Fixed: Tally towards achieving "Jaynus: Robot Hunter" award now working properly.
- Blandwich achievement fixed in demo.
- Two new weapons!
- Three new monsters!
- More recipes and messages!
- Play demo to level ten (hours of gameplay! Free!)
- New character in Demo! Play as Psion!